Question / Help Game capture not working on Game Dev Tycoon

DoruSonic

I'm using OBS mainly to record, and I was trying to record the game "Game Dev Tycoon". I tried game capture put even tho it would recognize the game, on the preview the screen was black, what forced me to use window capture (that worked)
Is there anyway to make game capture work?

PS: I recorded other games as Assassin's Creed I, II and brotherhood, League of Legends and Dishonored all without problems

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Please provide a log of a session where you tried to capture Game Dev Tycoon.

Also note that if you are using OBS Classic, this version has not been in development for some time, and it is strongly recommended that you update to OBS Studio. Links to download OBS Studio can be found on the front page or at the download link at the top of this page.

DoruSonic

First of all thanks a lot for the fast reply

I indeed had the classic OBS, after updating to Studio everything is working out.
On the other end the settings are a bit different and even after I played with it a little bit, it seems I'm putting more stress on the CPU than normal. Can you help me out find a combination that fits my needs?

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Check out Nerd or Die's video guide at http://goo.gl/dGcPZ3 for the overview of OBS. There should be very little, if any, performance difference between classic and studio. Grab a log from studio that shows an issue and I can take a look and suggest any changes that might help.