Bug Report Game capture hook crashing games after latest Win10 update (3140743)

woodbyte

Last night Windows installed this update (changes list dxgi.dll) and now most games I have installed crash a couple of seconds after OBS hooks in.

Crashing: The Division, Dark Souls II Scholar, Fallout 4
Fine: Metal Gear Solid V

Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: If you are, follow the advice below:
You can delete %appdata%\obs-studio\plugin_config\win-capture as a workaround for now. An update will be forthcoming.

Attachments

• 2016-03-09 17-20-03.txt
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,208
Last edited:

PHY

Had 13.2 installed as described in other thread, but due to gamecapture hook not working uninstalled and now when trying to install back to 12.2 comes this:

hmtv82ns.png

Same comes when trying to reinstall 13.2 - i also had latest windows 10 updates installed - obs doesnt capture anything anymore; no games, also no browser in its current state since that windows update - i thought in first it was because of 13.2 but appearantly it was the windows update what mixed up anything.

Ty for posting that @ woodbyte.

PHY

Ok, can stream with the deleted folder but another problem showed up:

After like 5 minutes of streaming a windows warning message popped up saying that iam running out of memory, taskmanager showed 7,6 gb of my 8 gb in use, then obs froze. Never had this yet.

Is that a new problem or is that due to the deleted folder or the last windows update ?

djotaku

Just want to add that this fix allowed Civ 5 to run - before it would always crash if OBS was running. Also it can capture it, too.

I'm just speculating here...

but did Microsoft release this patch, making it harder for third-party programs to take advantage of their new "Game DVR" in windows 10?

Is this why deleting the win-catpure folder fixes the crashes?

Just curious.

bosgorilla

Is it normal that when I delete that folder, my game capture interface is now different? The names in the settings are different?

Also, it now doesn't capture my game at all anymore. It doesn't crash The Division, but it also doesn't capture it...