Question / Help Frame rate drop with some games only when game is in focus

dististik

So recently I've been having a little trouble streaming games I used to have no problem with. As of the most recent OBS update, with only some games my frame rate will drop (the video's frame rate itself will go down, I'm not dropping any frames) when that game is in focus. When the game is out of focus, the frame rate stays at a perfectly fine 30fps and with a controller I can even play the game and maintain 30fps with OBS so long as the game is out of focus.

The first game I noticed this having a problem with is Hollow Knight, I'm playing with Vsync on and the game's frame rate locked at 60fps. I'm down-scaling from 768p to 720p with the Bilinear filter, I'm using the Software encoder at 2000 video bitrate and the fast encoder preset, although the issue persists with veryfast and ultrafast as well.

Here is a link to my log (I was doing a recording to try and isolate the problem for a smaller log). Thanks in advance, and I apologise if a similar issue has already been solved and I accidentally overlooked it when searching for a solution.