Question / Help FPS locking in game at 60 fps (streaming)

Vandaer

So... my game usually works fluently (above 200 fps in CS:GO), but when I open OBS Studio and set the scene, game starts to lock at 60 fps. It's not really smooth. After stopping the stream and closing the program the game gets a little bit smoother but it's still not what it can be (80-100 fps, still not really smooth). I have to restart the game to get 200 fps back.
I didn't have this problem before. I see that actual stream is pretty smooth :/

Sleepwalker

I got this exact same issue and it isn't just CS:GO, but also some other games. If you disable the preview window, this issue won't be around (most times).

I got a i7-6700k with 2400Hz DDR4 and a GTX 1080 Ti, so it isn't my rig that's the problem. :)

But I could add, that some people have had some issues with the last two updates of the nVIDIA drivers and I think this is connected to it.

pRostaPlay

Have the same issue in Ironsight. I have 200+ FPS in game, but when I activate the scene (even without streaming) with dispay capture or window captare, the game still render 200 FPS, but onscreen output has 60 fps, I mean that I see on 60 FPS. I tried windowed game mode. locking FPS, switched off all of the overlays - same thing.

If it's not FPS lock, then I dont know. Something in OBS make render on screen only 60 FPS
  • i7-8700k (5Hz)
  • Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING
  • DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaws 5 2x16Gb (3200 MHz)
  • Zotac GTX 1080 Extreme+
  • SSD: 1x128Gb; 1x256Gb
  • HDD: 1x512Gb

UPD: I found the the support answers in other topics. Ok, may by something wrong with Windows 10

YettiSpaghetti

I was able to fix this issue by unchecking the SLI/Crossfire option. I may have misclicked it at some point IDK. but it was locking framerate on the game for some reason.
1589468820122.png

SvB4EvA

Same issue for me in Call of Duty Warzone. Gme is running 125FPS, click start stream and it drops to 60 and is capped. I have tried everything I could think of.

SvB4EvA

Same issue for me in Call of Duty Warzone. Gme is running 125FPS, click start stream and it drops to 60 and is capped. I have tried everything I could think of.

I found one work around. I set the monitor that I game on as my main display in Windows settings, this fixed the issue. Running normal frame rate in game, Full Screen Windowed mode. Not ideal for me, but it's working...