Question / Help Fade in/out single source

agricolan

Badly need some help with a fade transition. I have a single OBS scene with a single video capture source. I need to insert a 50ms black fade in/fade out transition into the OBS scene in order to create a reference point for detecting a 'scene' change within the recorded video. I've tried fading to a second OBS scene with the same video capture source but the transition doesn't seem to work. Any thoughts on how I can do this? Thanks.

Narcogen

Make a 2nd scene. Label it FTB (fade to black). Leave it empty. Set the time for the fade transition to 25ms. Fade to this scene, and then back.

If you want you could even try using the advanced scene switcher plugin, and automate the fade back.

agricolan

The manual method works fine but unfortunately the minimum transition speed is 50ms per transition. But the real problem though is that manually transitioning between two scenes creates a transition visible to the naked eye.. I really need a transition to be invisible to the viewer. Would the plugin resolve this issue? A total of 200ms for the transition would be fine. Happy to give the plugin a go but it will be a steep learning curve! It would be good to know that the plugin will give me the outcome I'm looking for.

matias_pl

The way to go is to play out a mov (with alpha if you need fades but I don't think you actually do...) with the duration you need (which is 1-2 frames). Mind that you can't have arbitrary in length dip to black transition, because you're limited to single frame duration resolution.