Question / Help FaceTime HD Camera Causing Audio Issues

S1gnsOfL1fe

New to OBS and experiencing audio issues on my laptop when adding the "FaceTime HD Camera" as a Video Capture Source.

Behind this I'm doing a display capture which is getting audio from my DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) Ableton Live. I am running OS X 10.10 Yosemite and using the signed version of SoundFlower going to a multi-output device to get the desktop audio running. I am a music producer and stream audio production on Twitch.

The best way I can describe the audio issue is "clicks and pops" every 2/3 seconds. Kind of like stuttering, but very quick. When I remove the FaceTime HD Camera...the audio goes back to normal.

If the issue doesn't get solved, I'll just have to stream without the webcam but for the benefit of the community, I believe this is an issue that should be documented.

Here's the log file: https://gist.github.com/85f961d17907e206cb86

Cheers,
-S1gns

S1gnsOfL1fe

After troubleshooting with an external HD920, it turns out the clicks and pops I have been experiencing have nothing to do with the webcam...it's CPU spikes caused by my audio software, in this case Ableton Live.

I ran some low level cpu tests in Ableton and was able to successfully get the FaceTime HD camera (in any resolution) working without any audio issues...and the moment I started taxing the cpu in Ableton, the clicks and pops returned.

Lesson learned...if I'm going to be streaming high level audio production using OBS, I am going to need better hardware. ;)

amsyar ZeRo

For the first time in my life I'm actually thinking about building a PC...as scary as that sounds!

Ayy,it's not scary.It's the best option for gaming.If something goes wrong e.g little RAM,you can just swap easily.Unlike Mac laptops like Macbook Air,the RAM is soldered.:'[