Question / Help Even with "Best settings", recording playback is VERY laggy

FlameyKong

So... I've looked through many youtube videos on the "Best OBS settings 2018", and I've tried them but whenever I play Rocket League and try to record it, the end result is very laggy.
Here is a video of the laggy recording: https://youtu.be/0FVFBBhH6zk
I particularly chose this video to base my settings around because it seemed to have the most upvotes. If anyone can help me and figure out why my recording is so choppy, please let me know.
(I've attached the log)

Attachments

• 2018-08-18 10-32-47.txt
    13 KB · Views: 218

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
You have both display capture and game capture active. Remove the display capture.

Harold

There are no "best settings." Please understand that every setup, for every use case, will be very different. Any guides or videos that claim otherwise are misinforming. Your best option is to start with a base and adjust as necessary. Test, test, and test again. We are happy to offer suggestions for any issues you may be having, but we will not give you a list of settings.

For recording, use Simple output mode, indistinguishable recording quality, FLV recording format, and either one of the hardware encoders or the software (x264, low cpu use increased file size) one

FlameyKong

For recording, use Simple output mode, indistinguishable recording quality, FLV recording format, and either one of the hardware encoders or the software (x264, low cpu use increased file size) one
With the FLV format, how am i supposed to watch the video? I've tried the same settings with mp4, and I still get the lag

Harold

If you're uploading to youtube directly, converting is not necessary.

Provide a new log showing you using the settings you've been recommended.

FlameyKong

If you're uploading to youtube directly, converting is not necessary.

Provide a new log showing you using the settings you've been recommended.
Here is the log. And it appears that the flv isnt changing anything

Attachments

• 2018-08-10 20-21-04.txt
    18 KB · Views: 78

Harold

Cap rocket league's fps to somewhere between the display's refresh rate and the display's refresh rate + 10

FlameyKong

THANK YOU!!! My max FPS actually was 250, and that got the recording out of sync. Now Ive changed the FPS to the same as my monitor refresh rate (144 hz) and it works amazing! I would have never found this online. Thanks a ton!

Last edited: