Question / Help ENTIRE screen off center during playback. OBS issue basic 101 stuff

jenniemiso

If someone can even point me to a previous explanation of how to fix this I would appreciate it. I am on a Surfacebook. I am using Windows 10. I am not a tech person and I am completely frustrated trying to navigate the settings in this system to correct this when I don't even know why it is happening. I tried reviewing YouTube videos about it but all the ones I can find that describe what I am dealing with are from before 2015 and using older versions of OBS.

I was going to post a screenshot of the image as it plays back but it says the file is too large. It is a two source broadcast. Display capture and insert box (video cam). The display capture is HUGE. Literally it only shows upper left 25% of the image. The ENTIRE recorded broadcast window shows up well below the top of screen in whatever medial player I am using with a large horizontal black box across the top.

Please help!

https://obsproject.com/logs/AlZKjW7lRAAMkvdz

DEDRICK

Your screen is running at 3000x2000

Your OBS is set to a base canvas of 1920x1080

Solution 1. Change your Base Canvas to 3000x2000
Solution 2. Right Click the source, goto Transform, Fit to Screen

Neither solution will result in a good output though, 3000x2000 is not a 16:9 resolution so it will change the aspect ratio on output