Resource icon

Free Dynamic Text scroller 0.3

DrAlbany

DrAlbany submitted a new resource:

Dynamic Text scroller - Scroll text without the limitations of OBS GDI+ Text Scroll

Program to load text from a text file and scroll the text across the screen from right to left.

The program checks every 3 seconds to see if the text file has changed and reloads it if needed.

You can have two different animations to indicate the text has changed.

I use it to display a ticker tape scrolling across the big screen tv at a football (soccer) match. It shows the league scores from games being played around the UK. When the text file changes (a team has scored) a graphic is...

Read more about this resource...

gombugdotnet

Hi DrAlbany,

Thanxs for your tools, i'm a new with this OBS. May i know how we can put/install this tool on OBS?

I found "text scroll 01.exe" on this tools folder, it's have to separately run by double click on it or somewhere i have to click on OBS software?

Thanxs

DrAlbany

Sorry for the late response...

I don't use RSS... But anything that can write to a text file... you could even do it manually with notepad.

I actually use a database programming software called Visual FoxPro to create the text file.

Retorian

Hello, I'm testing your program and I have a problem. I downloaded it and I don't know in which file the text should be placed so that it appears on the bar. Can you help?

francoiw

i also have some issues... application not reading the settings as it should... also changing the marquee file first line to 00 instead of 01 as to eliminate the gif file also doesnt work ... also would like to change the background from black to another color ... also anny settings in the settings file doesnt work... i would realy like to use this app as its awesome but with the current things not working its basically useless for us streamers

DrAlbany

Hi guys...,

For some reason when using the software it will use the settings in:-

C:\Users\[user profile name]\AppData\Local\AGKApps\Leo Software\textscroll03\media

I've tried a few different things to sort it but it's the game engine I've used that messes it up.

I'm working on a new version using a different engine.

Hope this helps...

If not let me know and I will see what I can do to help.

Steve

0oGHOSTo0

Hey Guys!

I am farely new to OBS Streamlabs and wondering how do I implement this into my stream?
When creating a scene, where do I add this?
Do I have to download the file then implement as a text?

If anyone can take the time to run this by me (with a very beginner type of explanation) that would be truly helpful and appreciated! Will follow and subscribe to your channels/socials for all your hassle! Many thanks!

DrAlbany

Would it be possible to have this scroller display streamlabels from multiple text files so they could scroll? For example, show last donation, last subscriber, total # of subscriptions? Something along those lines.
In a word, no :)
For the values you want to display, how are they saved?

DrAlbany

Hey Guys!

I am farely new to OBS Streamlabs and wondering how do I implement this into my stream?
When creating a scene, where do I add this?
Do I have to download the file then implement as a text?

If anyone can take the time to run this by me (with a very beginner type of explanation) that would be truly helpful and appreciated! Will follow and subscribe to your channels/socials for all your hassle! Many thanks!
HI... Sorry for the really late response... Within OBS is a facility to capture a window from another program. You would download the program, set it up (look at the readme file) and run the program. The program then displays the text scrolling, then you would add the Windows Capture within OBS and it will then display on OBS.

Hope this helps.

anshkid

Where can I download this? The download button is not working for me. Amy help will be appreciated thank you.