Question / Help Drifting Audio Sync - C920 and Blue Yeti

BradO

Log: https://gist.github.com/4d81a989cc4f5fc42be31a1321903beb

I'm having trouble with drifting audio/video sync. I started with 450ms delay in the mixer settings that seemed okay but by 5 minutes in, I already noticed a longer delay. By 15 seconds it was out over a second. This log includes that along with a few test recordings I did during the same session.

Since I'm using a pretty typical setup of the c920 and a Blue Yeti, I am hoping there's something easy I'm forgetting here. I'm trying to live stream to Facebook for a Q&A with my business.

I'm very grateful for any help you can provide.

Jose Alcala

same problem with c920 and Blue snowball. In Windows it can be solved by changing the audio source in the webcam properties to the external mic. I cant find the option in the MAC version of OBS.

BradO

I could really use some help with this. I've scoured this board and can't get an idea of what's wrong. Any have an idea on how to fix this drift?

HDL

I don't own these devices, but audio drift is usually caused by sample rate mismatch. Open Audio MIDI Setup and make sure the sample rates of your devices match what you have set in OBS.

BradO

NOW we're on to something. I can see that being a problem. They are different. I've attached the screenshot. But, I'm not sure how to match them to OBS now. Can you help with that?
Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 11.09.15 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 11.09.26 AM.png

HDL

Normally you'd just go to the Audio tab in OBS and set sample rate to the same as your devices, but it looks like your C920 only goes to 32k max? I'm not sure if that'll cause any problems. You'll have to play around with the settings.

Alternatively you could try using software like Audio Hijack or Loopback and route both mics via a virtual audio device and set that device to 48k to match 48k in OBS. That may solve the problem.

BradO

No luck. I downloaded Loopback and made a virtual device from the Yeti and C920, used that as my default audio source in OBS and it still drifted. I had my doubts on this method anyway since I'm not using the audio from the webcam, only the yeti. Video from my cam is set at 1280x720 and 30fps. Audio is 48khz from the yeti.

Someone has to have a fix for this. Is everyone on the mac who is using an external mic having this problem!?

Anyone have any other ideas?

Neto DG

No luck. I downloaded Loopback and made a virtual device from the Yeti and C920, used that as my default audio source in OBS and it still drifted. I had my doubts on this method anyway since I'm not using the audio from the webcam, only the yeti. Video from my cam is set at 1280x720 and 30fps. Audio is 48khz from the yeti.

Someone has to have a fix for this. Is everyone on the mac who is using an external mic having this problem!?

Anyone have any other ideas?

Hi there!

Excuse me, did you find a solution for this? i'm having the same problem with the drifting Audio Sync.

Robot-Ham

Hey, I am having semingly a similar issue to this, video ends up many seconds late after a few hours either recording or streaming. Running the Latest version of OBS on a Mac mini, 2x rtsp streams as Inputs.
Tried sample rate, network buffer, both hardware / software encoding options. Nothing seems to help.
The fix is to quit Obs and reopen or the power cycle the cameras.
The RTSP stream I to VLC at the same time ( for reference). Does not have any sync drift.

Is this likely an OBS version for Mac issue?