Bug Report Does not capture OpenGL game.

Murf

Have same problem, but I use window capture insted of game capture now and it works fine.

That still does not work for me unless I go out of FS mode. Has to be another setting or something I am missing?

Murf

I had same problem with OBSmp 64bit. But not with 32bit.
Did you tried 32bit?

Oh, no, I have not. Any drawbacks to using OBSmp 32bit on a 64bit OS?

update: does not work in 32bit either. same thing, black with game cursor. game is opengl if that makes any difference. only works if I alt-enter in game and resize to fill up the screen, so it has a border on the window. but still does not work in actual FS

Last edited:

Harold

Is the anti-cheat compatibility hook enabled or no?
And how are you checking that it's working?

Murf

Is the anti-cheat compatibility hook enabled or no?
And how are you checking that it's working?

With the anti cheat enabled or diabled I still only get game cursor.

I am adding game capture, unchecking capture any fullscreen application,(So I can choose game.exe) then clicking the Window: drop down menu, choosing my game, checking show game cursor.

I have game in FS on main monitor and OBSmp 64bit on my 2nd monitor. all overlays and such and every other source I added works great, only the game is giving black screen but showing game cursor.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
This is a problem with OpenGL games on MP, I've already fixed it, I may release a hotfix for it just to get it out of the way.

Murf

This is a problem with OpenGL games on MP, I've already fixed it, I may release a hotfix for it just to get it out of the way.

Version 0.13.0

Still having an issue trying to get this OPENGL game to show in OBS MP. Using Add Game capture it does not see the game with 'Capture any FS application' checked, and with it unchecked and the game exe selected, it still does not see the game (not even any sort of red border, the only red I see is one little red circle in the upper left corner

4zDdBLU.png

I click on that circle and trying to drag or just makes it disappear) Take game out of FS mode, no change. Anti cheat enabled or disabled, same result.

Using Window capture mode.I can see the red border and I can see the game cursor, (if I alt-enter to get game out of FS mode) but not the game itself. Previous OBS MP version I got game cursor when doing game capture.

Here is the current log file

https://gist.github.com/0435724cb5f3ed55d634

Anything else you need, let me know, be happy to help get this resolved.

(Still works fine in regular OBS)

Suslik V

Version 0.13.0

... little red circle in the upper left corner
4zDdBLU.png

I had the same with D3D game on v0.12.3. I'd right clicked on the screen (or maybe on circle) and choose
Transform>Fit to screen (Ctrl + F).
Then it works just fine.

Last edited:

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I'll buy/download the game you're using and check. If I can find the issue, I'll patch for 0.13.1. Most OpenGL games were actually fixed by 0.13.0 though.

Murf

I had the same with D3D game on v0.12.3. I'd right clicked on the screen (or maybe on circle) and choose
Transform>Fit to screen (Ctrl + F).
Then it works just fine.

I was able to rt click on the game capture in the list and choose transform fit to screen and the game then showed, however, it botched the game, Some gfx in the game came up black and/or distorted.