Question / Help Display capture is black

Nonou

I've been using OBS for quite a long time now. Just 3 days ago, I got a new laptop. Yesterday everything was working fine, the display capture was perfect. Today, I changed some settings, can't recall which, and the display capture stopped working and it showed me a black screen instead. Window capture has the same issue but I can actually see the mouse pointer (image: http://i.imgur.com/R6VFKSK.png). Well, none of the Capture sources work.

I had the same issue earlier today but I managed to get it to work simply by restarting the system. This time, it doesn't work. I installed the new update of OBS Studio (released 24th of April 2016) and didn't keep the preferences, so now I have the new version and the default settings.

My laptop also has 2 GPUs and I usually switch for power consumption reasons. In case they're needed here they are:
1. Integrated Intel HD with the i5-5200U processor at 2.2GHz
2. NVidia GeForce GT 920M 2GB dedicated graphics card

EDIT: I went back to the Intel HD Graphics and restarted and it is working fine. If I switch back to the dedicated GPU and restart, for some reason, it confuses OBS. No need to reply to this thread, sorry for the inconvenience

Last edited:

Nonou

Well, I am back again. I simply can't record anything with my NVidia GeForce GT920M. It's just a black screen. Why is that?