Question / Help Display Capture fps limit

Krasoul

I found myself in a problem when I tried to record a desktop tutorial but fps would be too low. Problem is when ever the display capture source is active it would limit it to 20fps, it would rarely go lower or above that, it wont even be decimal, when I tried to find a thread about that it would say about switching renderer to direct3d 11 but it's already set to that and it's still 20 fps, theirs isn't any other options

koala

You're running on Windows 7. Monitor Capture on Windows 7 is always as slow as you see it and will never give higher fps. Try to capture the application directly you want to record, with Window capture or Game capture.

Or update to Windows 10 - it's still free of charge and every Windows 7 is still eligible.

koala

Why don't your PC support Windows 10? Who or which app did say this?
As far as I see from the CPU and GPU in the log, your system should definitely be able to run Windows 10. It's a bit aged architecture, but not that old. I am running Windows 10 on one 1st generation Intel Core i5 perfectly fine, you have a 2nd generation Intel Core i5.

Perhaps your C: drive simply did have not have enough free space to perform the upgrade at that time. With 20 Gig you should be fine. According to Microsoft it should run with as much as 8.5 Gig free, but I don't trust that low number really. If you are tight with disk space, move data from C: to a different drive or usb stick or usb drive and move it back later. After upgrade and after removing the rollback files, Windows 10 will occupy much less disk space than Windows 7.

Krasoul

first of all, my dad was the one who was installing the drivers, he bought win10 from microsoft and from what he told me, for some reason it wasn't successful so he then installed win7

Krasoul

personally I prefer win7 because I have win10 laptop and it's so hard to find correct settings, everything has changed since I used win7, it's a too big leap for me