Diferent names for same source in one scene

qwerty100

I define same source (video capturer) with diferent sizes in same scene to create diferent layouts in the scene. Then I assign a hotkey to hide one of the instances of the same sorce and show another instance in another position.
My problem appears when I assign hotkeys to hide and show the sources, because the name of the source is the same for all instances. I can't know at wich instance of the source I'm defining the hotkey.
When the source is a file there is not problem, because you can define two sources in the scene with the same file, but when the source is an audio&video capturer you can't (instead you can define a instance of the source)

I wish it will be posible to define an 'alias' for a instance of a source and that you can see this 'alias' when you are defining hotkeys.

Thanks

qwerty100

No replies, so I'll try to explain it better.

I want to use same video capturer or webcam source in a scene with diferent crops or in diferent positions of the scene, like you can see in sample.rar

The problem appears when defining the shortcuts, because all of the instances of the source have the same name, and is difficult to configure the shortcuts (in the sample there is only a webcam, but I have 4 video capturers, and play with 3 types of layout).

The shortcut configuration for the sample scene is:

Show webcam: 1
Hide webcam: 2
Show webcam: 2
Hide webcam: 1

I know it can be done defining many different scenes, but is very hard to remember which one is the scene I want to show (I should need 23 scenes this way)

What I wish is to define a second string field for a global source in the scene like:

Show webcam (full): 1
Hide webcam (full): 2
Show webcam (crop): 2
Hide webcam (crop): 1

The strings 'full' and 'crop' should be optional as a string field when adding a source to a scene, and should be showed only when defining shortcuts

Thanks

Attachments

• sample.rar
    69.7 KB · Views: 47
  • shortcut.png
    shortcut.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 49