Question / Help Desktop audio not recorded/streamed - it peeks on mixer - SOLVED

ThePixen

Hello everyone!

I´m pretty desperate right know, I tryed everything possible but didn´t fix problem with desktop audio which is not recording or streaming (first stream yesterday). The strange thing is - before 4 days when i recorded last time everything was OK. So what I tryed so far:

1) check desktop audio in windows and stream: I´m using DAC/AMP combo from Audio-gd but i dont tkhink this is the trouble. I tryed to use my speaker as defalut and it didn´t help - i checked the audio setting in OBS if it is the same as in windows, but nothing worked here. The audio peeking is nicely visible on mixer same as the microphone (microphone audio is all right)

2) I checked all audio track if they are anabled and they are, I tryed to have enabled only first track for mic and desktop, didnt help either. In recording settings i tryed record video with 1 audio track or 2 anable - didnt work.

3) Tryed different audio bit rates - nothing

4) checked Sample rate to match with my defalut audio in windows, tryed both 44.1 and 48khz

5) checked windows mixer so every audio has max volume

7) in advanced setting in Audio column tryed check and uncheck Windows audio ducking

8) Tryed select specific desktop audio device - my soundcard with Amanero driver, nothing, tryed having anable both defalut and this specific device - nothing.

9) reinstall OBS - nothing, recorded only one scene with only audio capture - nothing.

10) reinstalled Soundcard driver - didnt helped

11) Restored system to 4 days old restoration point when I was able to record normally - didnt help and this was the last one i could do. Dont know what to do more.

Also I tryed to set up streamlabs OBS and it was completely the same - no desktop audio at all.
Only in one case from like 50 records i made was with desktop sound, only one, then I run a game and it was gone again. I restarted pc several times, tryed to record immediatelly after restart only audio scene - nothing. Immediatelly after restart and try to record - while recording and first desktop audio showed up in obs mixer, it was "cut" like only few miliseconds and then when I watch video via MPC-HC I could hear the cutted sample here, but after that every single record was full in beggining and no sound in video. It is a mystery for me and dont know what to do next. I appriciate any help.

Here my log: https://obsproject.com/logs/9o8ueh5Pb8EF70km I attach my OBS settings too.
RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 3466MHz (running at 2933...)

THANK
advanced.PNG
audio.PNG
ghh.PNG
rec.PNG
specs.PNG
test.PNG
S!

Attachments

• 2018-09-19 17-05-14.txt
    11.5 KB · Views: 26

ThePixen

OK guys, after several audio driver reinstallation, pc restarting I figure out where was the problem - in mixer you can see little wheel setting and there under properties is checkbox "Use device timestamps" after unchecking it and CLOSING OBS it was finally OK. This little checkbox and so many nerves... hope this will help someone in future too. Cheers!

Attachments

• problem solved.PNG
    problem solved.PNG
    33 KB · Views: 352