Question / Help (Dedicated Streaming PC) 1950x Threadripper Random Frame Drops. (All Presets)

DKRecords

Just Picked A Threadripper 1950x Streaming Works Good For The Most Part. But I Have Been Having An Issue I Cant Really Pin Down. I Will Get Random Frame Drop Of One Or 2 Frames(Sometimes More) At Random Times. Seems To Happen The More I Push The CPU Presets Up. But Happens On Very Fast All The Way Down To Slow CPU Usage Hovers In 40% To 55% Range Rarely Going Above That. Frame Drops Seem To Be Random & Happen Regardless Of How Much Is Happening On Screen. Adjusting My Ram Timings Seems To Help The Issue But Not Solve It. Seems More Like A Software Issue IMO. Seen A Few On Here Talking About Similar Behavior. Overclocking The CPU Slightly To 3.75GHz Reduces The Issue But Once Again Doesn't Solve The Issue. Just Hoping My Ram Is Not The Issue But Dont See Why It Would Be. Happens On My HD 60 Pro & HD 60 Capture Cards. So The Issue Cant Be USB Hub Overload. Lowering Bitrate Seems To Reduce The Problem Aswell. I Just Dont Understand My CPU Never Breaks 60% Usage, GFX Card Hovers In The 15% to 35% Usage Yet Is Dropping Frames Due To Render Lag & Encoding Lag. (Never Get An Overload Warning) I Can Go An Hour Without A Single Dropped Frame Then Randomly Will Drop Frames Outta No Where. Seems To Happen More In Areas Of Extreme Change Between Alot Happening On Screen & Nothing(Loading Screens Respawns, Not Moving In Game To Moving, ETC. Also Tried Custom Thread Settings (Threads = 27) Makes The Issue Worse. Any Help Or Pointers Would Be Greatly Appreciated!

MotherBoard: Asus Prime x399-A
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (CL 16-18-18-38)
GFX Card: GTX 770 4Gb Super Clocked (Soon To Be A GTX 1080)
Capture Card: HD 60/ HD60Pro (Soon To Be AverMedia 4K PCI-E Card)

1.PNG

2.PNG

1544597006478.png

Attachments

• ThreadRipper Stream Log File.txt
    14.6 KB · Views: 32

DEDRICK

12:16:53 AM.986: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 11 (0.0%)
12:16:53 AM.986: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 15/517370 (0.0%)

Eh, doesn't even register 0.1%, are you noticing it or are you seeing the stats and wondering wtf?

Are you on Ryzen Balanced or High Performance power plan? Is this even a thing for TR or is it only the normal Ryzen chips.

Rendering Lag is not just GPU usage, each video capture device also adds to the rendering ms time. Why are you A-syncing your Webcam? You should be using the Sync offset for your mic, there is almost no way your webcam is ahead of your mic.

Most audio interfaces will be about 250ms ahead of the webcam, not the other way around.

DKRecords

12:16:53 AM.986: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 11 (0.0%)
12:16:53 AM.986: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 15/517370 (0.0%)

Eh, doesn't even register 0.1%, are you noticing it or are you seeing the stats and wondering wtf?

Are you on Ryzen Balanced or High Performance power plan? Is this even a thing for TR or is it only the normal Ryzen chips.

Rendering Lag is not just GPU usage, each video capture device also adds to the rendering ms time. Why are you A-syncing your Webcam? You should be using the Sync offset for your mic, there is almost no way your webcam is ahead of your mic.

Most audio interfaces will be about 250ms ahead of the webcam, not the other way around.

For My Ryzen Power Plan I am using the Ryzen Balanced.
& the reason for having a Async on the webcam I have to in order to get my Webcam, HD60, & Condenser Mic In Sync. When Using My HDPro That Isnt An Issue. Could The Async really be an issue?

& I am not really seeing the issue when playing back my stream was just wondering why. Coming from a Intel i7770k I never had this issue.

Stream From The Other Day: https://youtu.be/SXtLy_IpAWI

Thanks for the reply!

DEDRICK

You could try on High Performance, this will keep yout TR at max all core boost. It could be that Ryzen Balanced downclocked slightly for a split second, but in the grand scheme it's not even registering a noticable amount. It's a small blip.

You should try to figure out that USB delay though, your webcam, capture card and Focusrite might be too much stuff running data over the same USB channel and it's affecting your audio latency if you have to delay your webcam. If you have everything plugged in the back you could move your Focusrite to the front, keep the card and webcam on the back.

DKRecords

You could try on High Performance, this will keep yout TR at max all core boost. It could be that Ryzen Balanced downclocked slightly for a split second, but in the grand scheme it's not even registering a noticable amount. It's a small blip.

You should try to figure out that USB delay though, your webcam, capture card and Focusrite might be too much stuff running data over the same USB channel and it's affecting your audio latency if you have to delay your webcam. If you have everything plugged in the back you could move your Focusrite to the front, keep the card and webcam on the back.
Well I Did Check, All Usb Devices Are Running on Different controllers Well Audio & Webcam are on the same Controller could that be an issue?
yuyuyuy.png