Question / Help Debian Jessie: ppa and building issues

jadbox

Hey folks,

I need some help with getting obs set up on Jessie (official 2015 release).

For building from source, I'm getting these missing dependencies that were missing from aptitude that the instructions said to download:
sudo apt-get install libx12-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libpulse-dev libxcomposite-dev libxinerama-dev libv4l-dev libudev-dev libfreetype6-dev libfontconfig-dev qtbase5-dev libqt5x11extras5-dev libx264-dev libxcb-xinerama0-dev libxcb-shm0-dev libjack-jackd2-dev

E: Unable to locate package libx12-dev
It looks like the above package is only available on SID... is switching to SID the only way to resolve these missing deps?

== PPA ==
Aside from building, I'm also trying to use the PPA along with deb-multimedia repo and got pretty far. It's just saying that libpulse0 is at the wrong version.. but offhand it looks like the versioning schema is different from Jessie:
1:0.99.1 vs 5.0-13 (or 6.0-1 in sid).
Thoughts? The below is output from the aptitude command...
-----
sudo aptitude install obs-studio

The following NEW packages will be installed:
libavcodec-ffmpeg56{a} libavdevice-ffmpeg56{a} libavfilter-ffmpeg5{a} libavformat-ffmpeg56{a} libavresample-ffmpeg2{a} libavutil-ffmpeg54{a} libfdk-aac0{a} libpgm-5.1-0{a} libpostproc-ffmpeg53{a} libqt5core5a{a} libqt5dbus5{a} libqt5gui5{a} libqt5network5{a} libqt5widgets5{a} libqt5x11extras5{a} libsodium13{a} libssh-4{a} libswresample-ffmpeg1{a} libswscale-ffmpeg3{a} libzmq3{a} obs-studio{b} qttranslations5-l10n{a}
The following packages will be upgraded:
libwebp5
1 packages upgraded, 22 newly installed, 0 to remove and 542 not upgraded.
Need to get 16.3 MB of archives. After unpacking 55.6 MB will be used.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
obs-studio : Depends: libpulse0 (>= 1:0.99.1) but 5.0-13 is installed and it is kept back.
The following actions will resolve these dependencies:

Keep the following packages
obs-studio [uninstalled]