Question / Help Compiling in Xubuntu 14.04, Qt5Widgets missing

Im trying to compile obs-studio because apparently the pulseaudio desync patch hasn't been pushed to the ppa yet but when I try to compile it I am getting an error about Qt5Widgets. Here's the full error
Code:
CMake Error at obs/CMakeLists.txt:28 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindQt5Widgets.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project
  has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
  "Qt5Widgets", but CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Widgets" with
  any of the following names:

Qt5WidgetsConfig.cmake
    qt5widgets-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "Qt5Widgets" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "Qt5Widgets_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
  "Qt5Widgets" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has
  been installed.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/ubu/obs-studio/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/ubu/obs-studio/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
Here's the CMakeError.log=http://paste.ubuntu.com/8517841/
and the CMakeOutput.log=http://paste.ubuntu.com/8517844/

Can someone please help me with this? I've tried to follow the other thread that had this same issue but I am a little confused how to solve due to further errors when trying to install
Code:
libqt5x11extras5-dev:i386 libqt5x11extras5-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libqt5x11extras5-dev : Depends: qtbase5-dev but it is not going to be installed
                        Conflicts: libqt5x11extras5-dev:i386 but 5.2.1-1 is to be installed
 libqt5x11extras5-dev:i386 : Depends: libqt5x11extras5:i386 (= 5.2.1-1) but it is not going to be installed
                             Depends: qtbase5-dev:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                             Conflicts: libqt5x11extras5-dev but 5.2.1-1 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

i installed Qt5 from http://www.qt.io/download/ into my home directory and then updated
Qt5Widgets_DIR:PATH
Qt5Network_DIR:PATH
Qt5X11Extras_DIR:PATH
so that each one pointed to their respective location within my home directory and then it compiled and installed BUT now I am getting obs to crash when I try to change the x264 preset to anything other than what's it currently set to, when I click apply obs crashes. I'll create a new thread for this bug.

UPDATE: according to Jim the reason I am getting an insta-crash within obs when I try to add a scene or change my x264 preset from it's current setting is because it can't load the qt5 widgets so I guess this issue isn't solved. Here's the thread I created for the insta-crash: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/instant-crash-symbol-lookup-error-obs-undefined-symbol.20054/
So I guess I am back to square one and trying to compile it on Xubutu 14.04 without using the Qt5 run script I downloaded from the qt website.
So, when I run the make command I get the following error
Code:
CMake Error at obs/CMakeLists.txt:28 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindQt5Widgets.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project
  has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
  "Qt5Widgets", but CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Widgets" with
  any of the following names:

Qt5WidgetsConfig.cmake
    qt5widgets-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "Qt5Widgets" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "Qt5Widgets_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
  "Qt5Widgets" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has
  been installed.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/ubu/obs-studio/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/ubu/obs-studio/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
And when I try to install the dependencies being qtbase5-dev libqt5x11extras5-dev i get the following error:
Code:
 qtbase5-dev : Depends: libgles2-mesa-dev but it is not going to be installed or
                        libgles2-dev but it is not installable
and when I go down that path of sudo apt-get install libgles2-mesa-dev
Code:
 libgles2-mesa-dev : Depends: libgles2-mesa (= 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.2) but 10.2~git1402150730.1020d8~gd~s is to be installed
                     Depends: libegl1-mesa-dev but it is not going to be installed
if I try to sudo apt-get remove --purge libgles2-mesa
Code:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad* handbrake-gtk* libgles2-mesa* libqt5gui5*
  libqt5widgets5* libqt5x11extras5*

So it appears like libgles2-mesa (= 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.2) is required BUT I have 10.2~git1402150730.1020d8~gd~s installed from a ppa i am using for handbrake. I can live without handbrake I guess but i'm more concerned about the package gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad* because I believe that's used by vlc, parole and many other media players.

Is there no way around this with my current setup? Do I need to remove handbrake and it's ppa so I can get the correct version of libgles2-mesa so I can get the correct version of qtbase5-dev libqt5x11extras5-dev? Any help would be appreciated.

So apparently this is all stemming from having libglapi-mesa version 10.2~git1402150730.1020d8~gd~s installed which I believe it from the oibaf ppa when I was using it long time ago before I got my GTX 760 and I was just using my i5-4670k igpu and wanted the latest mesa drivers. Because that package is installed I keep getting
Code:
libegl1-mesa-dev : Depends: libegl1-mesa (= 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.2) but 10.2~git1402150730.1020d8~gd~s is installed.
                    Depends: libegl1-mesa-drivers (= 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.2) but 10.2~git1402150730.1020d8~gd~s is installed.
 libgles2-mesa : Depends: libglapi-mesa (= 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.2) but 10.2~git1402150730.1020d8~gd~s is installed.
and if I try to remove that version of libglapi-mesa apt-get will remove 174 packages including basically the entire desktop which I am not willing to do so I am at a loss of what to do.

HOLY HELL was that dependency BS!!!!! As I stated above I had at one point in time used the oibaf ppa to get the latest AMD radeonsi driver for an old HD7770 I had before I got my GTX 760 and apparently when you purge the oibaf ppa, it doesn't revert the mesa files back to their original version number. So I basically had to remove all these packages just to force the version of each of the mesa packages to be what trusty normally provides vs what the oibaf had installed. upon trying to force the trusty provided version of a lot of various mesa packages it wanted to remove all the packages listed in these 2 links. i ensured that I copied the entire list of what was getting removed so that I could re-add them when I was done downgrading all the mesa packages.
http://paste.ubuntu.com/8530459/
&
http://paste.ubuntu.com/8530596/
even after running
Code:
cat list-of-packages.txt | xargs sudo apt-get install -y
on each of the above txt files I still had to reinstall xubuntu-desktop, steam:i386, some other packages as well as the nvidia 343.22 driver and now i finally was able to get obs-studio compiled in portable mode and it works and my desktop is back to normal (i think) I notice now though that video device capture is missing again so I'll create a new thread for that.

Last edited:

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
It's pretty painful to build manually. We'll have a new build within the next few days.