Question / Help colorless or dark color or pale color when i record old games on windows 10 using obs

walkWithme

Hi , so i have been facing this issue when i was trying to record ubersoldier game with obs. It was recording but the recorded color seemed quite dark or pale in nature than the actual game color. I tried to change the color palette from partial to full , full to partial in obs. I tried to change the NVIDIA color palette to Full (0-255) still no help.

Other games work fine but this ubersoldier game recording gives weird color when using obs. If i use Fraps recorder then the colors are fine. But why obs?

I dont want to use fraps because it creates file sizes that can't be comprehended like 30 min video having 60 gb file. Are you kidding me? And also no option to change it.

So i will stick with obs.. just help me with this?

walkWithme

Have you tried different methods of video capture? game capture? window capture?
yes i tried all of the above. if you have a copy of the game you can try it. also not with this game , obs has problems recording many old windows game from 1998-2004 era... some have pale color , some have bad video quality even when i set the bitrate to 50,000...

Kryztoval

yes i tried all of the above. if you have a copy of the game you can try it. also not with this game , obs has problems recording many old windows game from 1998-2004 era... some have pale color , some have bad video quality even when i set the bitrate to 50,000...
I'm pretty sure this lies in the fact that 256 color windows are rendered in a different way in the gpu and in windows, specially if you are running those in windows compatibility mode. However, a capture that uses the display result and not the interin calculations should be fine recording this. I have many steam games, do you know of one steam game that causes this issue? if I have it i can test it

walkWithme

I'm pretty sure this lies in the fact that 256 color windows are rendered in a different way in the gpu and in windows, specially if you are running those in windows compatibility mode. However, a capture that uses the display result and not the interin calculations should be fine recording this. I have many steam games, do you know of one steam game that causes this issue? if I have it i can test it

Soldier of Fortune double helix has the same problem. I donot know whether it is in steam or not