Question / Help Closed Caption passthrough 608/708 Blackmagic Decklink 4k

jperfect

Just wondering if OBS can passthrough 608/708 captions via a Blackmagic Decklink 4K card.

I know it can SEND captions, but I need to pass them through from the source, as a stenographer is sending caption data over the SDI feed embedded.

Photonica

I am looking for this as well. we use a link encoder that places CEA 608 on line 21. from what I understand, you must capture in 10 bit to see the lines of data in the VANC area. Black Magic has a few lines in the AVOptions that deal with that.
Code:
 -raw_format  yuv422p10
will capture closed captions as i have tried this in FFMPEG directly. another option also is
Code:
-teletext_lines all
which claims to grab all lines dealing with passing text data. I need this solution now, unfortunately I am not good with python stript.

Cambridgenyc

Hey know its shot in the dark, was hoping maybe someone came up with a solution for this? I am in the same boat, trying to pass through obs but still keep all the data. Thanks!

asperi

Hi, looking for any way to get 608/708 out of OBS, preferably out Blackmagic Decklink 4K or maybe NDI. Nothing but crickets when I have asked 3 other threads on the topic.. Thanks in advance!

asperi

Libklvanc was key for me to get captions out of ffmpeg with decklink. Any way OBS could incorporate Libklvanc into its decklink output?