Question / Help ChromaCam not working in OBS anymore

cj0612

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with chromacam not working anymore for my logitech c922 webcam, It was letting me do the background replacement just fine but for whatever reason after OBS updated it doesn't list the chromacam option, even after reverting to the old OBS. I tested in twitch voice chat and it let me replace the background there fine. So I'm not really sure what's going on, I've tried uninstalling all software, drivers, obs and reinstalling everything but nothing worked. Also, I uninstalled the software for the webcam and went into device manager and uninstalled the camera, but then when I plugged it back in it doesn't auto download the software like it did the first time, which makes me think it isn't really removing everything when I uninstall. This is on windows 10, any ideas?

Thank you!

mikey jones

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with chromacam not working anymore for my logitech c922 webcam, It was letting me do the background replacement just fine but for whatever reason after OBS updated it doesn't list the chromacam option, even after reverting to the old OBS. I tested in twitch voice chat and it let me replace the background there fine. So I'm not really sure what's going on, I've tried uninstalling all software, drivers, obs and reinstalling everything but nothing worked. Also, I uninstalled the software for the webcam and went into device manager and uninstalled the camera, but then when I plugged it back in it doesn't auto download the software like it did the first time, which makes me think it isn't really removing everything when I uninstall. This is on windows 10, any ideas?

Thank you!
hi dude i found a solution if you download your latest nvidia drivers it will sort out your chromacam problem just done it for me.

OGLordBlight

Resurrecting this. Downloading drivers doesn't work. Sometimes chromacam works sometimes it doesn't, mostly it doesn't. With any other app it works fine. Ideas?

Jarod997

To add a ChromaCam image:
In Sources, click add "+"
- Video Capture Device
- Create New -- add whatever name, eg "C922 via Chromacam"
- Device dropdown: select ChromaCam instead of C922 Pro Stream Webcam
- Ok

If at this point you're getting a black image, it's likely you also have a C922 Video Capture Device source in your scene, or in another scene in your active collection. The camera can only have one active "driver", even if one is "hidden" or disabled (grey eye icon). If you want to switch the active source, open the "offending" C922 "Direct mode" source, Properties, click on "Disable". Then open the ChromaCam source, click on Properties, then click on "Enable" (if by chance it's still called "Disable", click it anyway, then it'll change to "Enable"). Click OK. Your ChromaCam window should pop up and your ChromaCam video source should activate.

Put simply, remove (delete) all sources (in all scenes) that use your "direct mode" C922 device - then you'll never have this black/no image problem.

Jarod997

The other "bug" is using the "Deactivate when not showing" option. When I'm in Studio Mode (two images), the following things happen when I have one scene with a C922 video source, a still image scene, and another scene with a ChromaCam source -- both video sources have "Deactivate when not showing" checked.

To see some effects, I've created this Google Sheet which better shows what happens: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_lCo1wTKet6_2POUtqPpoNKhPqBLKzJelh5vTpog4WU/edit?usp=sharing
Guests can leave comments on the sheet.

Basically if you have an active C922 (in either the preview or live windows) you can transition to a ChromaCam and get away with it (there's a small delay, and if you're using the free version the watermark will show up). But if you have an active ChromaCam your only "workable" solution is to transition to a scene that doesn't use either video source, then transition to a C922 source.

If either video source doesn't have the "Deactivate when not showing" checked, things could get worse.

I'm going to submit a bug report on ChromaCam video source not unloading properly when option checked.