Chat-tacular

Free Chat-tacular 0.5.84.12

700hours

700hours submitted a new resource:

Chat-tacular - Stylized Twitch chat viewer, custom effects, and simplified source of chat source capture

Chat-tacular
A Twitch chat viewer tool

A long time ago in the space of the last decade there was an OBS Classic plugin that captured Twitch chat which seemed simple and unique. Since then that plugin was lost in the transitioning of files from place to place. After some thought and observation it seemed it might be kind of useful to have a piece of software that mirrored the effect.

The premise is simple so there is not much to explain. To accomplish the same effect in OBS...

Read more about this resource...

700hours

700hours updated Chat-tacular with a new update entry:

Global emotes, back panel, OAuth token generation

Hello,

In this release I bring to you the beta version of this software. They have been several additions among fixing other things as stated in the OP. This has opened up a couple possibilities for future improvements.

The minor changes are as follows:
  • Global emote support though the positioning of the emotes in the chat viewer could be improved.
  • There is an optional visual change that represents a chat back panel.
  • For easy access to an OAuth 2.0 key, users can click the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

700hours

1.* bringing performance improvement, chat clear function, plugin support

Hello again,

This is an update to bring a few improvements, and rendering an archived function usable.

First off the performance update is to limit the amount of stored chat messages there are in the message element whereas before, it would scale theoretically endlessly.

When a moderator or the broadcaster clears the chat room, it should likewise clear it here as well.

Then plugin support is provided through the helper, function, and utilities DLL that runs chat event handling. A more...

700hours

Plugin function, custom emotes, custom usernames images

Hello, another update,

There was a mistake in versioning that is being corrected. Instead of 1.* beta, it has been rolled back to 0.4b. 1.0 is likely when all functions will be ready.

In the realm of custom emotes, these come in the flavor of client-side word replacements. Place images that are titled as the word meant to be replaced in /username/emotes for emotes, then similarly for usernames. Specifically the username images will retain aspect ratio, and the emotes used should be...

Hi, i'd like to use this but i do run into a problem logging in. after successfully verifying with my account, entering both username and channel and logging in afterwards, i get the attached error message. its german, so i try to translate it as good as possible: "By calling the constructor for type "Chat_tacular.ImageBase", which is equivalent to the binding restrictions, an exception has been triggered"
Can you help?

Attachments

• Bild_2021-08-02_231432.png
    Bild_2021-08-02_231432.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 61

700hours

Window resize optimization, Counter event for plugins, Simple user role distinctions

Hello again,

This update brings optimizations to the chat panel resizing. Also, a fix for the panel image becoming glitched was made. In other words, resizing the window should be work as intended.

For those who are interested in plugins, a counter method has been added to Counters in the Util namespace. This will light an event once the timer elapses. Timers do not reset and only elapse once per usage.

Graphics as well, though basic, have been included as small notices that...

700hours

Data handling more stable, Small fix to error messages, Cancelling an error dialog retains stability

Hello again,

A patch is being released thanks to an error being reported.

When decoding some of the Twitch API data the method required an extra optout check. Now errors message boxes that would have caused problems with logging in now revert to the login window when prompted. Another adjustment to program events fix a common error.

Media
What happens when login values cause an error
View attachment 73828

//700hours

Hi,
thanks for the quick reply. there is no error message anymore, but the program just closes without any error message. i hope i do use it correctly. the fields for "channel" and "username" do just need the name, right? or does the channel field need the whole twitch url?

700hours

Hello,
The fields for both just use the friendly version of the names, so yes, no URL. I will look into this. But in the meantime, do you happen to have an "error_log.txt" file in the program directory? That may give an exact error reference. Maybe you can PM me the file.
//700hours

700hours

Custom data directories, Extra readme information, C-Sharp compile script

Hello forums,

Since last release there were a few extra changes to make. It was apparent that a compile script would be useful for those not using an IDE that would compile .DLL scripts already. The extra readme information is there for clarity. Also it was apparent that custom data was not placed in the username directories so changing this takes the data from global user status to unique in case more than one account was used. Other than this, another consideration for a future update is...

Hi, i downloaded your newest version and tried it, but i still get error messages but at least now there are logfiles. i have attached it.

Attachments

• error_log.txt
    8.1 KB · Views: 24

700hours

Hi, i downloaded your newest version and tried it, but i still get error messages but at least now there are logfiles. i have attached it.
Based on your reply there were some changes made. Index check, and some null value checks according to the errors. The patched version is attached here and if it works I can post to the main version directory.

Attachments

• Chat-tacular_v0.5.27.62-patch.zip
    178.3 KB · Views: 29

700hours

Without drawing a background and disabling the blue backdrop graphic it would just be connected to the IRC channel and collecting messages similar to what the browser would be. As for SLOBS chat capture, SLOBS might do something fancy with emotes, especially if it loads FFZ or BTTV. For this program Twitch global emotes URL addresses are pre-loaded into a collection on start, so it does not store the graphics, just the text addresses.

To try to answer the question, this might contend with SLOBS chat capture for lightness if only using this program's chat function, not a large background or custom username images. For browser capture, I am not sure as some browsers do functions beyond the scope of the function the window serves, like extensions, sandboxing, or maybe various networking tasks. But for just capturing chat I do not see a browser being too heavy, although the comparison is sort of unknown.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay, finally i found time to test the patched version and... i still get an error message. this time it is another one:

Code:
[23.09.2021 20:06] System.Net.WebException: Die Verbindung mit dem Remoteserver kann nicht hergestellt werden. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Der Zugriff auf einen Socket war aufgrund der Zugriffsrechte des Sockets unzul?ssig 151.101.14.214:443
   bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   bei System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapel?berwachung ---
   bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   bei Chat_tacular.App.RefAPI(IDictionary`2 urlVars, IDictionary`2 header, String URL, String suffix) in C:\Users\Makoto\Desktop\Chat-tacular\wpf\App.xaml.cs:Zeile 45.
[23.09.2021 20:07] System.Net.WebException: Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zur?ckgegeben: (401) Nicht autorisiert.

i disabled the windows firewall and ran chattacular as admin too, changed nothing.

700hours

Sorry for the delay, finally i found time to test the patched version and... i still get an error message. this time it is another one:

Code:
[23.09.2021 20:06] System.Net.WebException: Die Verbindung mit dem Remoteserver kann nicht hergestellt werden. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Der Zugriff auf einen Socket war aufgrund der Zugriffsrechte des Sockets unzul?ssig 151.101.14.214:443
   bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   bei System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapel?berwachung ---
   bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   bei Chat_tacular.App.RefAPI(IDictionary`2 urlVars, IDictionary`2 header, String URL, String suffix) in C:\Users\Makoto\Desktop\Chat-tacular\wpf\App.xaml.cs:Zeile 45.
[23.09.2021 20:07] System.Net.WebException: Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zur?ckgegeben: (401) Nicht autorisiert.

i disabled the windows firewall and ran chattacular as admin too, changed nothing.
During recent testing, this error occurred for me too: "401 Unauthorized." This has to do with Twitch API. This might be happening for others too.

Hopefully making a fix is quick, effective, and soon.