Question / Help Change File Output Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leachy

Alright, this may be a very simple question, but how do I go about changing the file output format from .flv to .mp4? I don't see an option for it anywhere in the settings menu. Or am I just completely blind/stupid/a combination of the two?

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
Just change the file extension for the path to MP4 under Settings > Broadcast Settings. So for example if you're saving to C:\Video.flv change it to C:\Video.mp4. You can also click the Browse button and use the dropdown there. Use % for the file name if you want OBS to generate it automatically based on the date and time.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Keep in mind that using MP4 means your files will be corrupted if OBS crashes or freezes. Writing to FLV and converting to MP4 afterwards is much safer.

Leachy

I was concerned about that, but I don't have any decent file conversion software. Thank you for the quick answer though. Any recommendations for good free conversion software?

Legionz

Got a question over .mp4 output. I recently reviewed an .mp4 output VS an .flv output file and noticed the sound quality is better with .flv Why is that?

EDIT: Nevermind. Had my Windows Media Player EQ settings adjusted. My fault. Thanks

Last edited:

killerfurze

I have a question, is there a way to change where videos are saved? If so I could use all the help so my YouTube channel can get some faster uploads

Status
Not open for further replies.