Resource icon

All Versions Capturing/streaming your retro consoles the right way!

Thebigcheese submitted a new resource:

Capturing/streaming your retro consoles the right way! - Correct settings for the sharpest, smoothest footage without emulation.

If you're a visual person, I've also included the URL to my video explaining the process.

There is a lot of information (and misinformation) on the internet about how to get the best picture off your retro systems. A lot of it is extremely confusing, especially if you can't be bothered to dig in to the technical specs of broadcast video formats. I spent several days looking over every post and video I could find trying to figure it out. In this guide, I will attempt to break it down for you...

Read more about this resource...

ethan16.n

This is great I appreciate it. But when I do window capture for amarec on obs, it just shows a bunch of amarec windows and not my game

NateGreensides

Any thoughts or ideas about the technical aspects of using this VHS player instead of the guide you wrote?
attempted it myself rn since I have a VCR2PC and a atari flashback from Christmas three or four years ago. Not recommended because while the VCR 2 PC does infact capture the device very well, the delay between hardwired controller to actually being displayed/captured is terrrrrrible. so for gaming it's no good. BUT I suppose if one were to want to party watch old VHS tapes it suffices