Question / Help (Solve) Capture Card Audio only can be recorded in 1080P 30 FPS

XenkailX

I'm using the Avermedia Live Gamer Portable. I found out I can't record any game audio if I don't set the Stream Engine to 1080P 30 FPS. I want to record my gameplay on 720P 60 FPS but only my line-in is recorded and not from my capture card itself. I can record the audio on 30 FPS in 720P but it is choppy and 1080P 30 FPS audio is not. I don't want to use the monitor or output to desktop option because it will cause audio drift.

Its there a way to fix this?. Because using line-in to record game audio is not ideal due to my mobo sound card has poor shielding against static noises. I mainly use it as a back-up and audio monitoring through my Blue Yeti. Also I have Itunes installed for the audio codec.

XenkailX

This is a USB2 device, I don't think it supports 60fps at all.

https://www.avermedia.com/us/product-detail/C875

It supports up to 1080p60 *passthrough*. It will record 1080p30, but says nothing at all about 720p60. And if 720p30 is choppy, 720p60 is not going to be better, but worse.

No, it does support 60 FPS but only in 720P. If I set the Stream Engine to 720P 60 FPS, the sound will not be recorded but the monitor bars is telling me there is sound coming from the capture card. If I set the audio to monitor or one of the output to desktop options, then the sound can be recorded clearly but I will run the risk of audio drift which I'm trying to avoid. I could just use the mobo line-in audio directly from my PC monitor sound output for the recording instead but the background noise will be a problem.

I fail to mention I recording from my PS4.

XenkailX

I think I solve why I'm having this problem. It seem that Avermedia Stream Engine does not like OBS Studio 64-bit, since I assume the software is coded in 32-bit. I tried testing on the 32-bit version of OBS Studio and all my problems is solve. Using the 64-bit with the stream engine cause me to limit to 1080P 30FPS just to record the "Video Capture Device". Switching to 32-bit OBS Studio have fix that problem and may have also solve the audio drift issue using the "Monitor and Output" option under the advance audio tab. I probably need some testing just to be sure. Regardless, at least I don't need to use the line-in audio as the main source of the game audio.

I also found out both OBS Studio and Stream Engine must run as admin together or neither. If OBS Studio is the only one running as admin, then the audio might get screw up if switching input source between PC to Console.

Thechairman

I think I solve why I'm having this problem. It seem that Avermedia Stream Engine does not like OBS Studio 64-bit, since I assume the software is coded in 32-bit. I tried testing on the 32-bit version of OBS Studio and all my problems is solve. Using the 64-bit with the stream engine cause me to limit to 1080P 30FPS just to record the "Video Capture Device". Switching to 32-bit OBS Studio have fix that problem and may have also solve the audio drift issue using the "Monitor and Output" option under the advance audio tab. I probably need some testing just to be sure. Regardless, at least I don't need to use the line-in audio as the main source of the game audio.

I also found out both OBS Studio and Stream Engine must run as admin together or neither. If OBS Studio is the only one running as admin, then the audio might get screw up if switching input source between PC to Console.

OMG ! That worked! I've been strugling for days, I have avermedia GL310 and had a problem where OBS would not send audio to FBLIVE using 60 fps, on 30 fps no problem at all. Strange thing was that on RECENTRAL audio worked fine both 30 fps and 60 fps. So I followed your advise, uninstalled OBS 64 bit, and installed OBS 32 bit, now I can stream audio fine using 60 fps. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! I CREATED THIS ACCOUNT JUST TO TELL YOU HOW GRATEFUL I AM