Bug Report Capture Audio: Error Decoding

Ray G

I have had this problem once before, using the Hauppauge HD PVR2. Capture software picks up the audio fine, but OBS MP has had issues recently. I am not sure if it is just me or if others are having this issue.

Specs:
Windows 10
AMD Phenom II x4 830 2.8ghz
10g ram
Hauppauge HD PVR 2 ( Not the Rocket )
HDMI Capture on PS3 and Xbox 360 ( Yes all of the captures work. )

Haupppauge Capture software picks up the audio perfectly fine. I switched to the Multiplatform because it worked and I had no issues with it until upgrades came out. I made the switch because it uses less resources or processor power than having multiple apps open at one time just to stream....

This error is getting really annoying.
Error decoding audio
error: channel element 0.5 is not allocated

Attachments

• 2015-08-09 18-15-18.txt
    130.3 KB · Views: 22

Ray G

Okay, so further review of the log files. Many uninstalls and reinstalls of both OBS and Hauppauge Capture. I believe I have found a temporary solution. For all the times I have had troubles in the past with Hauppauge Capture updates. I have found completely removing the program prevents overlapping of the files. Which it does and causes problems. So using hdwclear I get rid of all the settings. I write down what I need to transfer over so my settings are somewhat the same.

The one setting that I do over look would be the audio. I figured since I never touched it. I did not need to mess with it. Well I was wrong, with updates, comes changes and after a small change to match what OBS was looking for seem to correct the problem. I would not allocate the channel element because the bitrate or frequency did not match.
I think that for most of the capture devices, this is a must. Please put in variable audio settings and a way to detect what the capture devices are decoding and encoding at. I had to change my encoding rate for OBS to finally capture game audio.