Question / Help Can't stream audio AND wear headphones at the same time

Okay, here's my problem. My audio source in Windows 7 is my "Speakers". My headphones are plugged into a USB 3.5mm stick into the computer. I have to change my audio source from "Speakers" to the USB "stick" in order to hear my audio through my headphones. Once I do that, Open Broadcaster Software will not hear any audio coming from my computer (or my game) and only streams the video. Is there a way around this?

I only want the software to capture the game audio. I have a mic and can't use it when the speakers get picked up by it.

Maybe there is a way to use TWO sources of audio in the volume control panel? I could technically turn the speakers down manually and run my headphones at the same time if that could be done.

I can't plugged the headphones into the speakers directly, since the DB is much lower...

I'm running Stable - 0.472 Beta.

These are the only options under audio devices in OBS - Default, Speakers, Headphones.

Nothing happens if I change those. The only way my audio goes to my headphones is if i select the USB mixer I have connected to my headphones.. As soon as I do that, OBS can no longer hear the "Speaker" audio.

hilalpro

so you have some applications outputting audio to your speakers and some outputting to the headphones is that correct ?

No, I want to run my audio only to my headphones when I stream, but If I change my output to headphones...OBS will not hear the gameplay from my speaker output. Thus, providing no audio to my live stream.

hilalpro

why would the game output to your speakers and not the headphones if those are set to default ?

set your headphones mixer to be the default device on windows then go to the game settings>audio and set output to default . then restart the game.

if there is no option for that, then it should automatically pick the default next time you restart it.

I set the volume mixer to headphones. I'm getting sound through the headphones yes, but OBS is NOT picking up any game audio. I only have 3 options in OBS to capture an audio source: Default, Speakers, or USB Headphones. I only get audio when the source is on "Speakers", but that will not work if my volume mixer "Default" is on "Headphones".

The issue is that OBS is asking what source to capture audio from. If the source is speakers and I have my audio defaulted to my headphones via an external USB mixer, it doesn't get audio naturally. I'm wondering if there is a way around this.

The game doesn't have any audio options for output.. It's BF3, it only asks what type of system you have. The game isn't the issue, it's OBS and the Windows 7 Mixer.

hilalpro

whats the name of the usb mixer ?

I only get audio when the source is on "Speakers", but that will not work if my volume mixer "Default" is on "Headphones".

what volume mixer ? can you post a picture ?

Capture-1_zpsa8288654.jpg

My mistake! The mixer I posted is for my MIC, not my headphones. The headphone USB device is listed in that photo.

hilalpro

ok here's what you could do.

you close the game. you right click fiio dac-e10 usb.. (headphones in the picture) and set to default. press ok. run obs and make the desktop audio device set to "default". run the game and obs should pick up audio.

Cozmic Romp

Wait? What happened lol I have the same issue but since the image is gone I cant follow what happened? Think you can help me? So basically the same thing, I cant hear any audio through my headset but OBS records it all. What can I do?