Question / Help cant start recording

Code:
01:57:32 PM.889: [FFmpeg aac encoder: 'simple_aac'] Couldn't find encoder
Are you sure you installed the libraries for AAC encoding ? Try to record with another audio format to see if it's the problem.

puGo

Code:
01:57:32 PM.889: [FFmpeg aac encoder: 'simple_aac'] Couldn't find encoder
Are you sure you installed the libraries for AAC encoding ? Try to record with another audio format to see if it's the problem.
No, I dont sure, How do I check it?
And where i chose another audio format?
**sorry i novice at OBS : \

Before that, check if AAC is well supported by FFmpeg:
Type in a terminal
Code:
ffmpeg -codecs
then copy/paste here the "aac" line
Then do the samed with
Code:
ffmpeg -encoders

puGo

I get strange output
Code:
If 'ffmpeg' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains it, like this:
    cnf ffmpeg
:(

OK...the 1st line indicate you don't have any AAC encoder/decoder (or you would have "DEA.L." instead of "..A.L.")...install "libfdk-aac1" from packman repositories

PS: I wonder...how did you get your OBS on openSUSE ?

puGo

OK...the 1st line indicate you don't have any AAC encoder/decoder (or you would have "DEA.L." instead of "..A.L.")...install "libfdk-aac1" from packman repositories

PS: I wonder...how did you get your OBS on openSUSE ?
Well I install: "libfdk-aac1" and obs still not record and now the output of:
Code:
ffmpeg -codecs
its
Code:
..A.L. aac                  AAC (Advanced Audio Coding)
..A.L. aac_latm             AAC LATM (Advanced Audio Coding LATM syntax)

and at the second line i still dont find
:(
------------
I just add a "packman repositories" from hare: https://en.opensuse.org/Additional_package_repositories
and i think i install from yast own click at hare: http://packman.links2linux.org/package/obs-studio
or may be from my package manager. i dont remember

puGo

Strange...try to reinstall following these instructions. (read ALL the "openSUSE" section before starting)
and again...
when I input:

Code:
sudo zypper dup --repo packman

I get this output

Code:
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Computing distribution upgrade...
4 Problems:
Problem: nothing provides libsamplerate.so.0 needed by k3b-2.0.80+git20150209.2250-1.5.i586
Problem: nothing provides libtag.so.1 needed by amarok-2.8.0-28.1.i586
Problem: k3b-lang-2.0.80+git20150209.2250-1.5.noarch requires k3b = 2.0.80+git20150209.2250, but this requirement cannot be provided
Problem: nothing provides libjack.so.0 needed by audacity-2.1.1-98.5.i586

Problem: nothing provides libsamplerate.so.0 needed by k3b-2.0.80+git20150209.2250-1.5.i586
Solution 1: keep obsolete k3b-2.0.2-33.1.8.x86_64
Solution 2: break k3b-2.0.80+git20150209.2250-1.5.i586 by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or skip, retry or cancel [1/2/s/r/c] (c): r
so what to do now?

dominig

SOLVED

When you install OBS-Studio from Packman repo (or other home repo) it will fail to encode if you already had ffmeg installed from the default OpenSUSE repository.
By default it will not force the installation of ffmpeg from Packaman.

You see an error, in OBS-studio, telling you to check your codec and the log file (see in ~/.config/obs/log/)

The issue:
OpenSUSE default repo provides an ffmpeg (version 3) which has been compiled without acc support what is expected by OBS-studio in it's default setting.

The Solution:
1) remove ffmpeg (either with yast or zypper)
2) install the package named ffmpeg-3
ffmpeg-3 is the correct package name in Packman repo. It will install the same tools as the default ffmpeg, BUT with acc support.

After the change, is you check which Codecs are active in ffmpeg you will see that acc has now ED option (Encode/Decode) before it does not show the option DE

---------- console output ----------

ffmpeg -codecs |grep aac
ffmpeg version 3.4.4 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
DEA.L. aac AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) (decoders: aac aac_fixed libfdk_aac ) (encoders: aac libfdk_aac )
D.A.L. aac_latm AAC LATM (Advanced Audio Coding LATM syntax)