Question / Help Can't select nvenc

opex

Hello, i have E8400 cpu on Gigabyte EP45 mobo /w 4GB ram and Nvidia Inno3D 9800GTX+ videocard.
I installed OBS and while configuring it i noticed that under Encoder i can only select x264.
Quick Sync (for Intel's Ivy/Sandy bridge and up cpu's or simply with integrated gpu, which i dont have anyway) and Nvidia NVENC selections are greyed out and inactive.

There is the ObsNvenc.dll in the installation directory so maybe the OBS fails to detect that it can use it? But under Video there is Video adapter: Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
Tried on both 32bit and 64bit.

Is the graphics card considered 'old' and its not recognised? However while encoding videos with Sony Vegas 13 i can use it, aswell as decoding with it while watching movies and videos.
The drivers are the latest possible for the card - 340.72

Still, i managed to confiugure OBS and get a stream on Twitch, but it's impacting my CPU, i'd just like to use my gfx card.

Last edited:

opex

I just read that - a Keppler gpu at least is needed. Well that's... beep. You know, if i can use this card for exactly the same thing just with other program it means that it's still capable and people (who are actually broke students and gamers) shouldn't be pushed to buy new 3-400 bucks gfx card while it's still enough for the games or hatever it's used for.

jreen58

I have a GT 630 It is supported by with keplar. BUT ITS STILL GRAYED OUT :(
Please Help been searching everywhere.