Question / Help Can't select 60fps on camera?

nethesem

Hi peeps,

I'm running a Logitech Brio webcam on OBS 20.0.1 and I can't get it into 60fps mode.

It's been fine for months, but yesterday while changing source settings it reset to defaults- and now when I select 1080p it sits on 30fps.

Video output is set to 60, and if I select 'Match output FPS' on the camera it says 'auto select 30'.
If I select 'Highest Possible' I just get stuttery video.

If I set the camera to 720p, the Match Output FPS changes to 60fps. I think OBS isn't reading the camera's features properly... I know most webcams are limited to 30fps at FHD, but the Brio's headline trick is the fact that it's a USB3 4k cam that can do 1080p60.

Is there a way for me to manually select 60fps from the drop list, or change a config file, or something like that?

Cheers!

Rniy

I just got the Brio aswell, and i can add the camera, but i want to use the background removal feature, this just cause obs to crash. I do not have a green screen so using the background removal was key feature for me upgrading from my c920 webcam

DaTokolosh

it looks like this problem is due to a windows update that rolled in the other day labeled "Brio USB Driver". There is a Post from EposVox on the Logitech Forum and i identified that specific driver as the culprit because it was the only update listed in windows update and before installing it everything worked as it should but then after reboot (as all windoze updates unfortunately need) i ended up where we all are now

nethesem

Ah, thanks for the tip- I'll check through windows update and report back.

I've already tried downloading latest Logitech software, but I don't think it includes an actual driver- so a windows update makes sense.