Question / Help Can't hear video audio through headphones when using a Media Source

CrisuKomie

So, long story short, I have a video I play and that video has audio on it.

I need to be able to hear that audio when I play it, so I know when to switch back.

I'm trying to switch to OBS Studio, but cannot hear any audio coming from the video.

Anyone have any idea whats going on?

JimtheSFN

If you want to hear the sound from the video you need to click the cogwheel beside the Mixer and then under Audio Monitoring pick either Monitor Only or Monitor and Output depending on your needs.

Hope that helps.

Frenzy Cat

This is super late, but I was also looking for a solution for the same problem. I tried everything told. I clicked the cogwheel beside the Mixer, then I selected "Monitor Only" which I discovered won't transmit audio into the actual video, which would be useful if it would have fixed my problem. I tried both options, "Monitor Only" and "Monitor and Output" but it's not working for either.
It's either that or I have a different issue than yours. My issue is that I can't hear anything when I open Obs. Originally, though, audio did play in the video. I'm gonna assume that was the solution, it just won't apply.

Veetus

This is super late, but I was also looking for a solution for the same problem. I tried everything told. I clicked the cogwheel beside the Mixer, then I selected "Monitor Only" which I discovered won't transmit audio into the actual video, which would be useful if it would have fixed my problem. I tried both options, "Monitor Only" and "Monitor and Output" but it's not working for either.
It's either that or I have a different issue than yours. My issue is that I can't hear anything when I open Obs. Originally, though, audio did play in the video. I'm gonna assume that was the solution, it just won't apply.

I am still struggling with this - have you found a solution?

FanVerse

Also having trouble with the issue mentioned above and need help. I prefer to work with music so silence is really offputing

papafn

You described well enough the issue I am facing. I don't need to add any other words. Have you found a fix?

panocha

I'm having this issue only when I play a song in VLC through NDI to OBS. Video shows, the audio it peaks in the meter but not audio coming from the speakers or reaching windows meter. Have no issues on Windows 7. Its all Win10 malfunction. Hate it.