Question / Help Can't even install

DiGG

I just did a Windows reinstall (from scratch) and in the process of reinstalling my applications. I was using OBS Multiplatofrm before, and so now I of course want to install it again.

But now I get this:
uUHtXY6.png

As I press 'Yes', my browser now offers me to install Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013. Thing is, I just installed both 32bits and 64bits versions last night. (vcredist_x64.exe et vcredist_x86.exe) If I try to execute both programs again, it asks me to either repair or uninstall them... so they are installed. I even rebooted a couple of times yesterday, did multiple Windows updates (the usual thing when you reinstall Windows).

So now... what do I do? OBS "normal" installed perfectly, but I actually want to use OBS Multiplatform. I don't know what to do.

DiGG

Well, I'm able to start the application... although right away it tells me:

cYMAVlI.png

And check this:

oXgposa.png

So... what am I missing here? (**EDIT: I just noticed, it actually loads the 64bits version, 32bits version I got the error then nothing. With the 64bits version, I'm able to use the program, eventhough I get the error shown above, as the program loads. Also MSVCR120.DLL is indeed in my \Windows32\ folder, and if I copy the file where OBS64.exe is, I get another sort of error, while the program seem to not crash.)

Last edited:

DiGG

You were right, and I see the problem: both 2010 and 2012/2013 version of the 32bits version have the SAME filename. When I tried to save the file, it was already in the folder, so I thought it was installed. That being said, I did see there were 2 versions of the 64bits redistributable in the Programs and Features, and only 1 of the 32bits one. I took the right decision to show you that screenshot, you telling me to install the 32bits one, and me forcing to save the file under a new name AND install, and now everything is in order!

Thanks alot! It's just sad that I got mixed up in the Microsoft filenames, it's not 100% use friendly hehe.

/thread :-)