Cannot separate audio tracks on Streaming PC

ArtemNoel

Good afternoon!
I had purchased a GoXLR mini and had it setup up for my dual PC streaming.
The setup is: LINE IN of GoXLR into LINE OUT of gaming PC. Then, Line OUT of GoXLR into LINE IN of my streaming PC. So, everything is set up correctly, according to the instructions and the dozens of videos I have watched.
There is one issue though… Since I am running LINE IN into my streaming PC,all of my audio (Music, Game, Discord and Mic) are under the same channel (LINE IN) in my OBS of my streaming PC. My question is, how do I separate the audio tracks in this instance?
After trying to find a solution for hours on end, I decided to reach out to you.
I hope I didn’t confuse you too much, if I did - let me know, and I will rephrase my explanation.
Thank you for your time!

PaiSand

Let me see if I understood this correctly. You run all your audio sources on your gaming pc and then sent a single audio source to the streaming pc?

ArtemNoel

Let me see if I understood this correctly. You run all your audio sources on your gaming pc and then sent a single audio source to the streaming pc?
That is correct! Everything is ran from my gaming pc into the GoXLR and directed into the streaming pc via a LINE IN cable from the GoXLR.

koala

If you mean with "line in" the 3.5 mm jack with analog audio, there is no way to separate audio from what is coming in over this way. It's mixed. All audio data is merged the same way all instruments of an orchestra are mixed in a recording and cannot be separated again. If you want separate sources, you need to transfer them separately and record them separately before they are mixed.

ArtemNoel

If you mean with "line in" the 3.5 mm jack with analog audio, there is no way to separate audio from what is coming in over this way. It's mixed. All audio data is merged the same way all instruments of an orchestra are mixed in a recording and cannot be separated again. If you want separate sources, you need to transfer them separately and record them separately before they are mixed.
Thank you for your reply! I figured that there’s no hope to separate the audio in this case. What would be my solution? Do I need an app or a separate device to separate the audio?

ArtemNoel

How can I transfer the sources separately?