Question / Help Can somebody with premission take over stream?

Kimberley

I would like to know if there is a option to stream from ip in GERMANY and take over stream in AMERICA? We would like to do live shows and switch from locations, but don't know how

SumDim

One thing that comes at the top of my head is to run OBS Studio on a Windows computer that is running a VNC server.
Then, have a Windows computer running a VNC client connect to that VNC server controlling it remotely.

wallrik

If you want them to take over your channel you can give them their own stream key, without sharing your own. It's called authorized broadcasters under your Twitch account settings.

When they go live, you will get disconnected.

Capture.PNG

Kimberley

TeamViewer an option?

And how does it works? Quit streaming and start streaming on the other site? Or is it also possible when you have a key to take over the stream?

wallrik

Nice one! But should this also work at YouTube? Or only Twitch?
For YouTube you have to use the same stream key. But you will have to stop streaming before the other person can start.

But is this really what you are looking for? The end result would just be that you guys can stream to the same channel.

SumDim

Kimberley, you do realize that Twitch is mostly for video gamers, right?

You said you want to put on live shows. I assume this is entertainment from Germany (and USA too?). If so, you'll probably be better off looking into LiveStream.

Kimberley

Kimberley, you do realize that Twitch is mostly for video gamers, right?

You said you want to put on live shows. I assume this is entertainment from Germany (and USA too?). If so, you'll probably be better off looking into LiveStream.
I'm not using Twitch at all :) I would like the authorized function in YouTube

I'm not using Twitch at all :) I would like the authorized function in YouTube
There isn't one for youtube(what he showed of authorized is provided by twitch themselves), you have to give your stream key from your youtube live channel to the other person to be able to stream from the same channel

Kimberley

I have a solution!

In Creator Studio you create a new live event and that will give you a streamname (key) so you can authorize other people to stream at your channel. It's not the answer to the question,but it works for me!