Question / Help Camera Size?

IS there a way to change the size of camera? With recent obs We can move it into the right/left bottom/top corners but we can't resize it yet :/ I have an ps3 eye camera and Would like to us it eventually, but I don't know how to change the size of the camera window in OBS :/ I stream in 360p btw.

secretply

Drag the corners of the source in the preview to resize it. If you want to ignore aspect ratio, hold shift while dragging.

secretply said:
Drag the corners of the source in the preview to resize it. If you want to ignore aspect ratio, hold shift while dragging.
Since when can you drag corners of something OBS? let me try *going to check this out.....and comes back* Nope you can't drag anything, just as expected. OBS never had a functionality to drag anything in preview window of stream so I have no idea what you are talking about. Mind explaining?

The only ability to resize something or move it in obs was by clicking on the actual thing in the sources list and selecting Resize/Position from menu then clicking on option there.

stratcast

secretply is right you can change the size of any source by clicking on it in the scene menu then going over to the right and selecting edit scene (it should put a red box around your selected source) then you can adjust the size of the window in preview mode and if you want to ignore the aspect ratio just hold shift when adjusting the size it really should work.

O.O You got to be shitty me, right? O.O
That was the option I though OBS never had after switching from XShit some months ego to OBS and I missed this very much but since OBS was better I was able to put that aside (the need of not having this) and now you are telling me there is something like this in OBS !? O.O

<headdesk> ... If I knew I would never created this topic. THANK YOU very much for explanation and letting me know something like this exist, otherwise I wouldn't have know O.o

FerretBomb

Also you can hold ALT to crop sources. Still a beta feature (so resizing after cropping acts weird), but handy if you need to trim part of the camera view that, say, isn't covered by a green-screen backdrop or something. :)

FerretBomb said:
Also you can hold ALT to crop sources. Still a beta feature (so resizing after cropping acts weird), but handy if you need to trim part of the camera view that, say, isn't covered by a green-screen backdrop or something. :)
I see, thanks for all the useful info ^^

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I should make edit scene enabled by default, seems too many people don't realize that the scene is locked by default and are used to the way those other applications work.

FerretBomb

Jim, just an idea; would it be possible to add a second column of checkboxes on the right, with a 'Lock' column checkbox in the column header? It could communicate the idea well, as well as allowing you to only unlock the layers you need.

Alternately, just add a checkbox to the button and change the text to 'Disable(/Lock) Scene Editing'. Or make it a checkbox as well.

...actually, that's kind of pointless. If you're going to edit the scene, you aren't going to want to mess with unticking a box for the one thing you want to edit anyway, and the extra checkboxes would just add clutter to the layout. Hmm. There HAS to be a better way! (Maybe just a checkbox under the preview pane with 'Lock Scene Editing', checked by default?)

aliaga mobile

What you need to do to make it much easier is unlock the "lock preview" then it allows you to resize the windows. The lock preview section is in edit and if there is a check next to it uncheck it