Bug Report Browser Source doesn't allow microphone consent dialogs

Tim Heuer

When using a browser source and the source has a microphone access request, it can't be used because the consent dialog doesn't show or now way to click it at least in interactive mode.

Is there a way to do this?

Example: webcaptioner.com as the Browser Source. (note: yes i know I can use a window source here, but prefer to use browser source if possible)

JettWilliams

You can start OBS from the command line with the flag --enable-media-stream

Windows cmd:
C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit>obs64.exe --enable-media-stream

macOS terminal:
/Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS --enable-media-stream

Last edited:

danieljaber

Hi. I have the same problem. Open OBS with --enable-media-stream in the end, in command prompt, working good for me. There is not any other easiest solution yet? I mean, some configuration that fix it at all and, when I start OBS from my desktop shortcut, it's already with enable media stream?

Thanks.

carlmmii

Hi. I have the same problem. Open OBS with --enable-media-stream in the end, in command prompt, working good for me. There is not any other easiest solution yet? I mean, some configuration that fix it at all and, when I start OBS from my desktop shortcut, it's already with enable media stream?

Thanks.
You can create a desktop shortcut to OBS with that flag in the target field.

Advansys

Can someone confirm this command line approach works? I can see it has worked for @carlmmii, which is great. I am also trying to use Webcaptioner and yet even with starting with the command line parameters, it won't allow the permissions for the micrphone.

Boa Noite estou com o mesmo problema citados acima tenho dois notebook que de inicio 01 parou de receber o audio, apesar de reconhecer a placa de captura da roland ou x32, agora meu outro notebook tbm nao recebe o sinal de audio, e ja executei essas acoes acima mas nao resolvem.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela (32).png
    Captura de Tela (32).png
    38.5 KB · Views: 173

JettWilliams

Boa Noite estou com o mesmo problema citados acima tenho dois notebook que de inicio 01 parou de receber o audio, apesar de reconhecer a placa de captura da roland ou x32, agora meu outro notebook tbm nao recebe o sinal de audio, e ja executei essas acoes acima mas nao resolvem.
Looks like the space in Program Files can cause problems. Try
cd "C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit"
Followed by
obs64.exe --enable-media-stream
Note: it will use the default microphone in Windows sound settings.

JettWilliams

You can create a desktop shortcut to OBS with that flag in the target field.
Or simply right click on your OBS desktop shortcut -> Properties, and paste --enable-media-stream at the end of the Shortcut -> Target field. Something like this:
"C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit\obs64.exe" --enable-media-stream

EnlighteningVR

Instead of --enable-media-stream, try " --use-fake-ui-for-media-stream"
Both flag work on a half way. Browser starting listen my mic, but message about permission still there. How to close it?
Is there anything else we can? Maybe another option? Change the code of web page? Activate pop-up windows?

Attachments

• obs64_4h6o4KGRdR.png
    obs64_4h6o4KGRdR.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

bxm83

This was working for me but now broke in 27.2.1. It can see the mic but when I try to use it I get errors that it isnt available. For reference I am using the subtitle feature in the browser version of powerpoint to generate translated captions that are then cropped to the bottom of my feed.

bxm83

This was working for me but now broke in 27.2.1. It can see the mic but when I try to use it I get errors that it isnt available. For reference I am using the subtitle feature in the browser version of powerpoint to generate translated captions that are then cropped to the bottom of my feed.
OK, I was able to get this working again by trying the suggestion of swapping --enable-media-stream, for " --use-fake-ui-for-media-stream"