Question / Help Browser Source Audio?

Hi. So I'm wondering if the browser source is supposed to/is able to play audio to the stream/recording? Currently I can get the visual side of things up no problem, but I am unable to hear the audio in the output (although I can hear it in the preview).

Not sure if this is intentional or if I'm doing something wrong/missing something but any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EBrito

OBS does not produce audio output monitorig.
Try recording. Browser source audio will be recorded. Same for streaming.

Osiris

Browser source outputs to the default audio device in windows, so you will need to capture that device.

mattbatt

Just in case anyone else end up on this post (like I did) if you go into properties for the Browser source there is a checkbox that says "Control Audio Via OBS" turn that on and you can send audio to output(stream or recording) and/or monitor.
Sorry to resurrect this Zombie thread but I googled and found it so I assume someone else might too.

DCIMike

Hi all, I am new to OBS. I followed mattbatt's advice to click the checkbox and I am still pulling what little hair that I have left. I am trying to capture some music from Facebook via Browser Source but I guess I'm doing something wrong.

But, if I use Window Capture (much less desirable) I get the audio. Any suggestions?