Resource icon

Browser Plugin

I try to load a video in a website. It's broadcasting company.
Now I am stuck. At some point, it says I need flash player version 10.2 and above.
View attachment 34080
To run Flash content in a Browser Source, you will need the PPAPI version of the Flash Player/Plugin. Go to...

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

... select your Operating System from the drop down menu, then select the PPAPI version of the plugin from the second drop down menu. Download and install that while OBS is not running, then restart OBS.

If that doesnt fix the problem, I am not sure what the issue could be beyond that.

eastisland

macharborguy,
Your solusion cure the symptom beatifully. Thank you very much.
By the way, I have another problem where right-side of the video is missing.
At the bottom of the right side, we have the control button. But I can't get to it. Do you have any solution for this?
제목 없음.jpg

eastisland

Sorry for the inconvenience,
I found the reason. At the browsersource property, I kept the default value which was 800X600.
As I switch to 1280?X720, it works fine.
Thanky you guys!

Evstafiev Yuriy

This plugin still developing? Last update was in 2016 year. Current plugin performance is very ugly, and looks like developers can't do anything with this. High load CPU on simple CSS3 animations and WebGL in 2018, seriously? In addition, it is not possible to capture normal Google Chrome with hardware acceleration, which forces users to render all through CPU, it's awful. I hope, it will be fixed. In the current form, this plugin is only suitable for displaying color text, no more than.

Osiris

Forum Moderator
The plugin has been updated several times, though this post hasn't been updated to reflect that.
CEF is the actual browser used by the plugin, which has bad performance in hardware accelerated mode, so it has to run in software mode, nothing we can do about that at the moment.
Capturing Chrome with hardware acceleration is not related to this plugin.

n3v3rm1nd

The plugin has been updated several times, though this post hasn't been updated to reflect that.
CEF is the actual browser used by the plugin, which has bad performance in hardware accelerated mode, so it has to run in software mode, nothing we can do about that at the moment.
Capturing Chrome with hardware acceleration is not related to this plugin.
Hope they can figure their hw accelerated issues in the future! :D

Robin Castlin

Last edited:

Methanoid

is it possible to install any chrome addons, i tried going to the chrome website but the addons didnt have an "add to chrome" button? really wanted to install adblocker ultimate to use its webpage element blocking facility to hide chunks of webpages i dont want to show.

AdrianF

Is it possible to view somewhere Javascript console errors/messages ?
Is it possible to allow the browser to keep an active session during a given time ?

Is it possible to view somewhere Javascript console errors/messages ?
Is it possible to allow the browser to keep an active session during a given time ?
If you launch OBS with --remote-debugging-port=PORT parameter added (either directly from a command line or by adding it to the shortcut), using any arbitrary port (8080 or 8888 should be good), you'll be able to access the Chrome developer tools in another browser (or another browser source) via http://localhost:8888.

As for the session, can you elaborate on that a bit?

WACOMalt

This plugin is functional, but has any work been done to address the following issues?

- No audio control of outputs (all browser sources send directly to the default audio output) This prevents many options for using this as a multi-stream solution.
- bad performance of webGL and CSS animations

As far as I can see, the browser used here is the weak link. Perhaps using a chromium based plugin would be better? I wish I knew how to do this... but personally I'd pay good money for that plugin.

EDIT: Looks like someone has put in some groundwork for such a plugin, for Linux only at the moment. https://github.com/bazukas/obs-linuxbrowser

Any devs want to tackle making that support more platforms?

EDIT EDIT: OK I'm a little dumb. I didnt realize CEF stood for Chromium Embedded Framework. So this current plugin is chromium already?

Osiris

Forum Moderator
Yes the plugin is already using Chromium.
Also CEF does not have support for audio control, so until there is, the browser plugin can't support it either.
Performance of WebGL and CSS has already been improved in the plugin that's included with OBS 22.x, with the addition of proper hardware acceleration in CEF.

djrexy

Hello!
I have problem with updating music tracks. Link to website where is my live playlist is here: https://kuvo.com/playlist/91936
If i start play music my playlist is on the top,but every next song title of track is scrolled below, my question is: how to setup website browser plugin to show only actual track, not only first track on top ? My actual settings below.Thanks for help!
Przechwytywanie.PNG

ReaUsagi

I don't have a Browser Source. Downloaded with the Installer, but all I got is "Browser" which does nothing. Downloaded the Plugin, does nothing either. There is the "Browser" Option (which I don't know if it's supposed to be the Browser Source?) but it won't take my alerts nor anything else. It worked perfectly before I had to reinstall OBS Studio since it kind of got stuck on the latest update and wouldn't work properly anymore. I basically couldn't stream anymore, because all 3 options (Monitor capturing, game capturing and window capturing) just gave me a black screen. So I uninstalled it, downloaded the Installer and reinstalled it.