Resource icon

Browser Plugin

AT ONE SIR

This worked before, but last night it was crashing OBS when using follower alerts. I had to remove the browser source from every scene. Made for a crappy stream.

Uninstalled everything OBS + Browser source

Still not clear as to which browser source we should install for mac. 64-bit or 32-bit?

Also, uninstalling OBS does not remove the prefs file because all scenes are still there on re-install. Ran both uninstallers for the browser source to be safe.

AT ONE SIR

Install the 64bit version with 32bit CEF, which is the stable version.
So install them both? I'm not sure what you mean there. I have both downloads.

Is there any way to check which one is installed and running within OBS? I've honestly lost track again.

Osiris

Forum Moderator
hows this coming for linux? i'm dieing to try out the browser plugin for linux.
Also from what i saw, it doesn't compile on linux out of the box, it might need some source changes.

Correction: it does compile, just doesn't work, lol.

Last edited:

CornWood

Any chance to get this windows plugin updated to work with HTML5 audio? I'd love to get twitchalerts into my stream with OBS studio.

Osiris

Forum Moderator
If you use twitchalerts stick to Alert Widgets v1 for now, I would need to build the Chromium Embedded Framework completely from source, because the normal builds don't support mp3 or aac, due to licensing issues. And the Alert Widgets v2 checks for audio/mpeg support.

Last edited:

CornWood

If you use twitchalerts stick to Alert Widgets v1 for now, I would need to build the Chromium Embedded Framework completely from source, because the normal builds don't support mp3 or aac, due to licensing issues. And the Alert Widgets v1 checks for audio/mpeg support.
Thanks for the tip. I actually tried V1 last night and noticed it was working. OBS Studio performs great.

Osiris

Forum Moderator
The author has been busy with real-life stuff I believe, so unless someone else decides to make it work on Linux you are out of luck. I personally tried to compile it on Linux, got it to compile but it didn't work in obs. I'm not that familiar with c++ and I only installed Linux (Ubuntu 14.10) to try to compile it and have since uninstalled it again.

kidx86

Oh well not a big deal just thought MP meant Linux would get some good plugins any how thanks fr your reply.

Faruton

Developer
I've tested it lightly on windows and linux to confirm it works, at some point in the near future I will hopefully complete them.