BLINKING REC RED when Recording

JRMigs

I try to record/stream without my glasses. I've messed up many many takes because I thought I was recording but wasn't. Could you make the "REC" bold and Red (and blinking) when the recording is happening - would work well on the streaming also. Even better might be a REC Light near the video monitor. Would also work (not all of these, but pick one) if you just turned the Start/Stop buttons Red vs Green or null when recording - that might be the simplest and most obvious. Thanks

Air Mozilla

I agree! A year or so ago, I suggested changing the color of the Stream and Record buttons when they're active (as the Studio Mode button does now). If the Stream button turned green when streaming was active and the Record button turned red it would be really easy to tell what's going on at a glance. Anyone reading this thread who agrees, please leave a comment here. If there's enough interest I'm sure the developers will do something.

Kane

I like to see this for streaming and recording. I fought and finally was added to have a separate timers for recording / streaming but they removed the nice little red icon showing you are recording. I rather see some sort button change instead or a dot beside the live/recording.

JasonVP

Can I dredge this thread up and add my vote to the suggestion?

Or how about adding color coding to the actual stream and record buttons? Leave them the default color if you're not streaming or recording, and change the button colors to something else (red, whatever) when streaming/recording?

Could we consider that, please?

Trig

Simmilar requests were made back in 2012 and still nothing :( really would love something to pop up when recording starts that isn't shown on the output.