Question / Help Blackmagic Intensity Extreme audio-in not working.

Shor

Hi,

I finally got video capture to work from my Intensity Extreme, so now it's on to the next issue.. audio in.
I can select it as an input audio source in OBS (listed as Blackmagic), but it's dead silent. From the sound settings in OSX I can see the level going up and down, so I know audio is working on my capture interface.
Is this an issue with OBS or the Blackmagic drivers?
I also tried audio capture from my Apogee Quartet, and that doesn't work either.
Funnily enough, my $40 cheap usb capture stick works though. (I select it the same way as I do my Blackmagic or Quartet)

I tried adding everything as both audio input device to my scenes, and as auxilliary/mic input in OBS settings..same result.

Does anyone have any suggestions or workarounds?
Thanks!

Terara

I know that on the PC side of things, when I got the audio working, instead of choosing Blackmagic I had to choose "Decklink Audio" which is not an option here. One obvious workaround I could think of is to use RCA audio and adapters to connect it straight to your microphone jack and use that, but that's quite silly. I'm sure there's something simpler, but I haven't found it yet.

Shor

Yeah last resort will be something along those lines (or via a USB interface that OBS will pick up audio from).
Thanks for the input though.