Question / Help Black screen

GamerHD

Hello, I am on latest obs and windows 10 x64 version including latest drivers.
Obs does not always pick up my game with Game capture set to Any fullscreen application and also Specific exe. I keep restarting the game and obs in different orders and I succeeded mostly in this order: start obs as admin, start game but neither that is guaranteed to work always.

Sometime I want to start capturing without restarting my game but that issue is keeping me away from it.

Probably important to mention, I have Riva Tuner Statistics Server overlay running always on everything (still question remains why sometimes it works and sometimes not).

GamerHD

I need an overlay to monitor few things, as a workaround I have found out that keeping the overlay Off while starting obs does increase the chance of it to pick up the game.

I will put a log as soon as possible when I recreate the issue.

Harold

Probably because of interference from discord's overlay. Try using OBS' hotkey selection method instead of capture any fullscreen application.

Harold

Using the hotkey based window selection method will time OBS' attempt to hook the game at pretty close to the ideal timing.
You set the mode in the properties of the game capture source instead of capture any fullscreen, then assign a hotkey in settings - hotkeys for the source's "Capture Active Window" event (I recommend scroll lock if you can)
Then you launch OBS and your game, and once you're in your game ready to choose it for hooking, press your chosen hotkey.