Question / Help Black Screen Help

PattyKake13

So, I've tried a lot of stuff to fix this problem yet nothing. I'm running display capture for recording purposes (note that game capture is working and is my current backup but I would like to capture everything). So when I launch OBS the display capture is working fine, however when I launch a game it backscreens, and there's no way to fix it without relaunching OBS or making a whole new scene. But what gets me is that it only black screens when I launch a game. I've looked at my Nvidia Control Panel in hopes of fixing the issue (as the forum stated) but I do not have a dropdown menu to select a different graphics card which leads me to believe I only have one. Any advice on how to fix the issue is much appreciated and I am playing on an Alienware 17 R5. Thanks!

PattyKake13

Oh, and streaming works perfectly fine for both display capture and game capture, it's only when recording I have this problem.

CHEDDAR

I have the same laptop as you. I can not keep a capture for more than a few seconds or maybe a minute. I am using a video camera with a capture device tho. I sure hope you get some kind a answer.