Question / Help Black screen for Game Capture in full screen mode

I'm pretty sure I haven't made any changes between recordings, but suddenly I'm only getting a black screen for my recordings when I use Game Capture. I've tried "specific window" and "any full screen application." When I press F11 to switch to windowed mode, it suddenly starts working. I've always been able to capture in full screen before. I've included a log where I started in full screen and switched to window half way through. Anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• 2017-03-15 15-19-22.txt
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,275

brazzjazz

Same issue here. Also used to work until a couple of days ago. Using 64-bit version, Windows 10 x64, MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G. Already tried compatibility mode for Windows 7, as well as running as an admin. Recent Nvidia driver..? Using 378.92 (which dates 20th March, so if this is the culprit it must have been at least in the last two drivers).

Let's keep each other posted.

JohnPtheWelder

I have full black screen on game capture still with complete audio, but when I display capture I get full capture. This started when I went to regular streaming on Beam to FTL, I'm also on a laptop and tried what I could found from other posts on the site and nothing has worked fully.

brazzjazz

I have full black screen on game capture still with complete audio, but when I display capture I get full capture. This started when I went to regular streaming on Beam to FTL, I'm also on a laptop and tried what I could found from other posts on the site and nothing has worked fully.
I'm not on a laptop, and laptop people have been recommended to check that they have their dedicated graphics card checked in the OBS settings (instead of the integrated GPU). Maybe that'll solve it for you.

Serta Farenz

I've had this a couple of times. What worked for me was stopping the recording, going to the "Properties" of the chosen source, then it either showed the game at last or I had to choose the right window. Clicking "ok", and "Start Recording" afterwards and everything was working again.

Hope that helps
SF

I've had this a couple of times. What worked for me was stopping the recording, going to the "Properties" of the chosen source, then it either showed the game at last or I had to choose the right window. Clicking "ok", and "Start Recording" afterwards and everything was working again.

Hope that helps
SF

- run obs as admin
- capture any fullscreen app

brazzjazz

Hope that helps
SF
Yes, this worked for me! Thank you so much!! <3

vino

anyone found the solution while streaming and not recording? if i use the duplicate way, it works fine, if i use the extend these monitors way, i can't get the game caputured with obs. the display capture part works but the game capture way it just stays blank. UNLESS! i go into the game i.e. csgo options and make the game either windowed or full screen windowed. but if i select full screen (which of course i want), it goes back to being pitch black. help please?