Resource icon

Black magic intensity shuttle USB for console streaming

Ken Sands

Ken Sands submitted a new resource:

Black magic intensity shuttle USB for console streaming - How to set up the shuttle for capturing and streaming from ps4/ps3/wii etc with OBS

If you're looking to stream gameplay from your console and do not want to go with the inbuilt systems of the ps4 or xbone then you'll need a capture card.

The black magic intensity shuttle usb, has a few features making it nice for this, it works with everything from composite and svideo inputs right through to hdmi, it's also a usb 3.0 device so there is no lag (effectively) in the capture like you see on the elgato or roxio usb 2 devices.

one downside compared to say the avermedia or x1 is...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

Ken Sands

Yes... I also love my ps4, but your comment seems out of place.

Update to the resource! for those that have bought a blackmagic shuttle and try the latest drivers (10.3.5 at the time of writing) expect them to be totally broken as far as the WDM part goes. however unlike many previous versions the decklink video and audio drivers do seems to work, again the drivers produced by blackmagic are seriously dire, hopefully you'll read this before going through the pain of trying every option and freezing up your pc over and over as we did. Blackmagic owes us a new reset button!

I have no idea why there is a WDM and a decklink option in the list after the drivers install, it's another one of those mysteries we'll likely never know.