Rohan Richards

Rohan Richards submitted a new resource:

Better Points - Control OBS with Twitch channel points

Better Points
Control OBS with Twitch channel points
View attachment 53372

About
Channel Points 2.0
Take your Twitch Channel Points to the next level by connecting them directly to OBS. Allow your viewers to trigger complex events that can change scenes and control scene items.

Deeply Integrated
Built directly into the Channel Points page, Better Points makes it as simple as possible to integrate with both...

Read more about this resource...

Thalion

Hello,

I like your extension enormously and being moderator of a growing Twitch channel, I would like to implement it in order to have chain points a little more interactive! Unfortunately for me impossible to connect in the "OBS Settings" part where I am supposed to enter an address. Can tell me what I need to enter in this part because it always tells me "Connection Lost".

thank you in advance

Rohan Richards

This would be for the streamer to set up, they would need to be running Better Points on their computer to connect with OBS. Otherwise they would need to expose OBS WebSockets to the open internet and that would be risky.

troyhammaren

Hi,

I've tried the free version, but I can't connect to my streaming computer over the internal network (with the internal IP address). It works on the local computer (localhost:4444) but not from another pc (192.168.1.2:4444). Is this a limitation of the free version?

Another question:
Is there a way to make a source inside a specific scene visible? (e.g. myscene/mysource) Right now I can only get it to work with sources inside the currently active scene.

Last edited:

Rohan Richards

Hi,

I've tried the free version, but I can't connect to my streaming computer over the internal network (with the internal IP address). It works on the local computer (localhost:4444) but not from another pc (192.168.1.2:4444). Is this a limitation of the free version?

Another question:
Is there a way to make a source inside a specific scene visible? (e.g. myscene/mysource) Right now I can only get it to work with sources inside the currently active scene.

Hey troyhammaren,

First of all, thank you for trying out Better Points!

This is not a limitation of the free version, but it may be a limitation of browser extensions. Firefox etc. do not like it when we make web requests to URL's that we haven't explicitly asked permission for. Unfortunately, this was a feature that just escaped my radar and it was not tested, so I will need to investigate this further to give a definitive response. Please rest assured that it is definitely something that we want our users to be able to do, so we will make every effort to find a solution.

As to your second question, currently that is not possible, but it's actually at the top of our task list, so do expect it in the next release. Again, this is just something that slipped under the radar as it's not something our primary beta testers needed as a feature. Your feedback here is extremely valuable.

We are currently in a cooling-off period where the focus is on marketing and outreach (we pushed pretty hard to get a release out and need some time to recover!), so don't expect a patch next week. However things should pick back up in the near future. Keep your eye on this thread as we will aim to post any updates here.

Thank you again for trying out Better Points and for the very helpful feedback

Rohan Richards

Rohan Richards updated Better Points with a new update entry:

[Patch] v.1.5.2

Notes:
Users should no longer need to log in each time they open the popout queue.
No longer any need to refresh after each login
New logout button will allow you to change Twitch accounts if you've accidentally authenticated with the wrong account

Logout button:
- Allows users to change which Twitch account they have logged into
Bugfixes:
- Fixed an issue where sessions were 30 hours instead of 30 days
- Fixed an issue where redemptions did not properly load after...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Rohan Richards

Rohan Richards

[Patch] v1.6.2 Major Update

This update brings a new UI design which conceptually separates events from a redemption and introduces a new component called the "Event List". While making it easier to manage all of your existing events, this in turn allows multiple redemptions to be linked to a single event.

Features:
  • New Event List
  • Updated UI Layout
  • App window is now separated and is always visible in the queue page

Rohan Richards

[Patch] v0.1.0 New Dashboard

We have just completed a major update to Better Points, and are now moving away from using a browser extension. The extension will be retired in the coming months (with plenty of notice).
We've restarted the versioning as this is a completely new project built on a new framework. It currently offers more features than the previous extension version and will continue to receive updates with lots of content planned for 2021.

Features:
  • Dedicated website for managing your custom...

Rohan Richards

[Patch] v0.2.0 Extended Reward Options

Features
  • Users can now set the background color on custom rewards
  • Added the ability to set redemption limits per user and per stream
  • Enable or disable custom rewards directly from the rewards list
  • Your custom reward image is now displayed within the reward list
Bugfixes
  • Custom reward form will no longer randomly become disabled
  • Cause of the random server crashes has been identified and fixed

Rohan Richards

No success trying to login on dashboard.
Hi, thanks for letting us know!

The recent patch we released caused an issue with authentication for new users, but thanks to people reporting it early we were able to get it fixed. Please let me know if you still have trouble, and if you'd like more real time support, drop by the Discord.

Cheers!

Rohan Richards

[Patch] v0.3.0 Text To Speech

Give your users a voice!

Don't forget we have a promo running until the end of January, during checkout if you use the code FK2020 you will receive 20% off any purchase!

Features

• Added a Text-To-Speech module: Streamers can now create Custom Rewards that read out viewer input with the system narrator
  • Added a TTS Settings module to the main menu, use this to set up TTS
  • The Custom Reward form now properly gives feedback for errors
Bugfixes...