Question / Help Backup obs

bla bla

i have a mac and i want to save all the senes and setting to the other computer without having to re add everything any folder i can copy or something

H4ndy

Forum Moderator
OBS Studio's settings can be found in the following OS specific locations

Windows: WinKey+R > %APPDATA%\obs-studio
macOS: Cmd+Shift+G > ~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio
Linux: ~/.config/obs-studio

Just Zip the whole folder and you're good. Make sure that all used images and files are at the same location on the new computer, they are not included with the configuration

OBS Studio's settings can be found in the following OS specific locations

Windows: WinKey+R > %APPDATA%\obs-studio
macOS: Cmd+Shift+G > ~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio
Linux: ~/.config/obs-studio

Just Zip the whole folder and you're good. Make sure that all used images and files are at the same location on the new computer, they are not included with the configuration
Does this backup include plugins that you need to download manually that don't come stock with OBS. I am having problems with OBS on my Mac and suspect it's my carelessness or not knowing where my installations are going and many copies of everything. In some cases OBS freezes when looking for a custom shader for example even when I find the folder I installed it in. I would reinstall a fresh copy of it and the 2nd time some shaders would freeze on selection. I'm thinking it may have too many choices. A fresh copy of OBS should fix the problem I would think. I also have many drives connected to my Mac with the volumes shared. I did a disk clean up with only my main external HD and everything is humming again except OBS. Oh! If you need to reinstall plugins does OBS have a log listing somewhere that I could use to find out what I erased. Thanks.