Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance

Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance v1.1.13

I have tried the pre-compiled version of this plugin on a Mac M1 and it is working well (if a little heavy on the CPU). Thank you!
I'm now experimenting with a native M1 version of OBS Studio and I'd like to do the same with this plugin.
Unfortunately, I'm struggling with the build instructions as I'm not very familiar with cmake...
I think I screwed up the source code paths and cmake is complaining it can't find stuff.
To compile this from source, where should the obs-studio and obs-backgroundremoval source code folders be in relation to each other?
Hi Clanger, I would like to help, but I am not a programmer and I'm not sure if I understand your question either. However. I had written a step by step set of instructions for this board a while back to install it on the Mac which I can't seem to find tonight for some reason. I am also swamped with work responsibilities to. I was determined to figure it out and just copied files that I though belonged in a certain folder based on their name and where it resided in the installation download. i.e. the .so in the .so folder. I did a lot of trial and error and crashes until it finally worked. If this info is what you need I can try to look for it, but it might be on a zip drive that I no longer use. if not, then I can't help you, sorry! Please let me know and if I can find some time I will look for it or type it again. Good luck!

clanger9

Hi Clanger, I would like to help, but I am not a programmer and I'm not sure if I understand your question either. However. I had written a step by step set of instructions for this board a while back to install it on the Mac which I can't seem to find tonight for some reason. I am also swamped with work responsibilities to. I was determined to figure it out and just copied files that I though belonged in a certain folder based on their name and where it resided in the installation download. i.e. the .so in the .so folder. I did a lot of trial and error and crashes until it finally worked. If this info is what you need I can try to look for it, but it might be on a zip drive that I no longer use. if not, then I can't help you, sorry! Please let me know and if I can find some time I will look for it or type it again. Good luck!
Hi Want To Learn yes, I can install the pre-compiled plugin manually and it works fine on the OBS Studio release. The process for this is: right click on the OBS app, "Show package contents", then copy the contents of the plugin package to the relevant places in there (Resources & Plugins). This works with the current release of OBS Studio.
However, I want to compile this plugin from source, as I'm experimenting with a native M1 build of OBS Studio. This is where I'm struggling.
The instructions here don't work for me https://github.com/royshil/obs-backgroundremoval#mac-osx
Specifically this line cmake .. -DobsLibPath=/Applications/OBS.app/Contents/Frameworks -DobsIncludePath=~/Downloads/obs-studio/libobs

Hi Want To Learn yes, I can install the pre-compiled plugin manually and it works fine on the OBS Studio release. The process for this is: right click on the OBS app, "Show package contents", then copy the contents of the plugin package to the relevant places in there (Resources & Plugins). This works with the current release of OBS Studio.
However, I want to compile this plugin from source, as I'm experimenting with a native M1 build of OBS Studio. This is where I'm struggling.
The instructions here don't work for me https://github.com/royshil/obs-backgroundremoval#mac-osx
Specifically this line cmake .. -DobsLibPath=/Applications/OBS.app/Contents/Frameworks -DobsIncludePath=~/Downloads/obs-studio/libobs
Yes Clanger, unfortunately it's beyond my understanding so I wish you ALL the best!

Nocturnal Lunacy

So is there going to be an update anytime soon to address the cpu usage? Even when gpu is selected it still uses cpu. It crashes obs if try to adjust anything while streaming. Great product but implementation is poor.

Demo_Ken

Trying to install but it's not showing in the list. I've removed and readded the dll, but it's not listed in the plugin list that OBS generates in the log..

13:29:30.318: ---------------------------------
13:29:30.318: Loaded Modules:
13:29:30.318: win-wasapi.dll
13:29:30.318: win-mf.dll
13:29:30.318: win-dshow.dll
13:29:30.318: win-decklink.dll
13:29:30.318: win-capture.dll
13:29:30.318: vlc-video.dll
13:29:30.318: text-freetype2.dll
13:29:30.318: soundtrack-plugin.dll
13:29:30.318: rtmp-services.dll
13:29:30.318: obs-x264.dll
13:29:30.318: obs-websocket.dll
13:29:30.318: obs-websocket-compat.dll
13:29:30.318: obs-vst.dll
13:29:30.318: obs-transitions.dll
13:29:30.318: obs-text.dll
13:29:30.318: obs-qsv11.dll
13:29:30.318: obs-outputs.dll
13:29:30.318: obs-filters.dll
13:29:30.318: obs-ffmpeg.dll
13:29:30.318: obs-browser.dll
13:29:30.318: logi_obs_plugin_x64.dll
13:29:30.318: image-source.dll
13:29:30.318: frontend-tools.dll
13:29:30.318: decklink-ouput-ui.dll
13:29:30.318: decklink-captions.dll
13:29:30.318: coreaudio-encoder.dll
13:29:30.318: ---------------------------------

Any idea why it's not showing up for me? Full log attached.

1661794346634.png

Attachments

• 2022-08-29 13-29-29.txt
    12.1 KB · Views: 31

papatriot

Please help! I watched many youtube videos and did exactly what they said in the order in which they said. The new background will not merge with my webcam. I don't know what else to do!

Attachments

• background removal.PNG
    background removal.PNG
    293.9 KB · Views: 59

Nocturnal Lunacy

Please help! I watched many youtube videos and did exactly what they said in the order in which they said. The new background will not merge with my webcam. I don't know what else to do!
Not sure what you mean by not merging with cam when your cam has to be working in order to show your face. But I think this will help you.
Make sure your background removal has the same chroma or color key as your actual chroma key or color key. and you need to make some adjustments to your background removal. And make sure your background is below your cam like layers. (In case you didn't know)
Set your Inference Device as GPU
Set Segmentation Model to MediaPipe
Set Calculation Mask to 2
bkrmvl1.png
bkrmvl2.png

Nocturnal Lunacy

Trying to install but it's not showing in the list. I've removed and readded the dll, but it's not listed in the plugin list that OBS generates in the log..

Any idea why it's not showing up for me? Full log attached.

View attachment 85915
When you get zip folder downloaded, unzip it the contents into the obs studio root folder under program files. Make sure its in the correct folder. Make sure you do not have obs running and make sure you keep obs to run as administrator or some features just wont work.
1.png

If it asks to overwrite anything, let it.
2.png

After you xfer the files to the obs folder it should look like this
3.png

hope this helps. if you ever used the old obs and never uninstalled it, there's a good chance you may have put it in the wrong folder. If youre still using classic then I recommend you upgrade to studio as I don't think much of anything works in classic anymore.

Nocturnal Lunacy

I forgot to say, make sure you have obs to run as administrator every time you use it. Some features won't work with windows if you don't have obs set as administrator. You won't even be able to detect some games unless you have it set as administrator.

Demo_Ken

When you get zip folder downloaded, unzip it the contents into the obs studio root folder under program files. Make sure its in the correct folder. Make sure you do not have obs running and make sure you keep obs to run as administrator or some features just wont work.
View attachment 85939
If it asks to overwrite anything, let it.
View attachment 85940
After you xfer the files to the obs folder it should look like this View attachment 85941
hope this helps. if you ever used the old obs and never uninstalled it, there's a good chance you may have put it in the wrong folder. If youre still using classic then I recommend you upgrade to studio as I don't think much of anything works in classic anymore.
Uninstalled, reinstalled, and it's suddenly working. Thank you!

clanger9

Has anyone managed to compile this for Apple Silicon? I’d like to use this plugin with the new v28 native Apple Silicon release of OBS, but I can’t figure out how to compile it.

sotspodcast

Hi there. Testing this out on OBS 28 & every camera I try it with the screen is just the background color. No video. When I click the filter off, video appears. Tried using this on a Razer Kiyo Pro, Logitech C920 & StreamCam. All the same effect.

jmlipari

After a long time fighting alone (to learn), I decided to ask for your help…
:slight_smile:
I installed obs-studio through snap onto Ubunu 22.04.
When I tried to run the backgroundremoval plugin, I get this error:

error: [obs-backgroundremoval] /onnxruntime_src/onnxruntime/core/platform/posix/env.cc:183 onnxruntime::{anonymous}::PosixThread::PosixThread(const char*, int, unsigned int (*)(int, Eigen::ThreadPoolInterface*), Eigen::ThreadPoolInterface*, const onnxruntime::ThreadOptions&) pthread_setaffinity_np failed, error code: 11 error msg: Resource temporarily unavailable

Any Help? Thank you

tdmatthews

So now the dust has settled a little bit is there a alpha or beta available to install with v28 of Apple Silicon version?

Trying to get Nvidia Broadcast like features on my M1 Mac is probably the biggest pain I've had since moving from Windows

ahmedselim

Hi All, feel silly asking this but I cannot seem to get this plugin to work on my Mac. Running a Silicone/M1 Mac and it looks like plenty of you have been able to get it working.

Outside of extracting the ZIP and moving the files into place, is there something else that I am missing??? Are the files in the zip specific to an intel Mac if so, does that mean that I need to compile it?

madcat108

Hi All, feel silly asking this but I cannot seem to get this plugin to work on my Mac. Running a Silicone/M1 Mac and it looks like plenty of you have been able to get it working.

Outside of extracting the ZIP and moving the files into place, is there something else that I am missing??? Are the files in the zip specific to an intel Mac if so, does that mean that I need to compile it?
It works only on version 27 and NOT on current v28 :(

One of the few shows we could watch together as works only on version 27 and NOT on current v28 :(
I think you're right madcat108. I finally had figured out how to install it in 27 and posted my results to help other people , but can't figure out how to install it in 28. It seems the file structure is different or less. I am not a programmer, but after many trial and errors with 27 I figured it out. Since you have an M1 which I don't you may want to try the nvidia greenscreen I believe it's called. I actually bought a physical green screen and it is working out nice with OBS. However, my problem since day one is the ability to get everything in front of the screen with such a small space. I have now moved some of my stuff within a room with florescent light and it seems to work. Again , in a small area though. Good luck!

madcat108

I think you're right madcat108. I finally had figured out how to install it in 27 and posted my results to help other people , but can't figure out how to install it in 28. It seems the file structure is different or less. I am not a programmer, but after many trial and errors with 27 I figured it out. Since you have an M1 which I don't you may want to try the nvidia greenscreen I believe it's called. I actually bought a physical green screen and it is working out nice with OBS. However, my problem since day one is the ability to get everything in front of the screen with such a small space. I have now moved some of my stuff within a room with florescent light and it seems to work. Again , in a small area though. Good luck!
looks like "nvidia greenscreen" is for windows only. Also M1 also has an Apple GPU, not NVIDIA.

I watched Michael Feyrer's video ( OBS Green Screen ) about this plugin and neither his color nor his outline flutters/bounces around like mine is doing. I tried the sliders but they don't have any effect on that issue. I'm not very good with OBS, so maybe it's a native OBS setting that needs changing. I'll upload a video to Mediafire for you to take look at when it's convenient. Thanks! Remove Background Flutter