Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance

Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance v1.1.13

Lesschamps

Thanks for all the hard work! Been looking for something like this for a long time. I'm on a new MacBook pro, with the latest OBS(27.1.3). I was able to navigate to the OBS plugins folder by right-clicking on OBS in applications> show package contents> plugins, otherwise, it was very hard to find this content folder. I was able to install the .so file in the plugins folder but had no luck installing the resource folder or the files inside. I was able to see the filter in OBS but after it asked me to name the layer it crashed OBS. I am a novice and trying my best, just wanted to report my experience, say "thanks", and see if there is anything else I should do. Looking forward to future versions.

royshilkrot

Thanks for all the hard work! Been looking for something like this for a long time. I'm on a new MacBook pro, with the latest OBS(27.1.3). I was able to navigate to the OBS plugins folder by right-clicking on OBS in applications> show package contents> plugins, otherwise, it was very hard to find this content folder. I was able to install the .so file in the plugins folder but had no luck installing the resource folder or the files inside. I was able to see the filter in OBS but after it asked me to name the layer it crashed OBS. I am a novice and trying my best, just wanted to report my experience, say "thanks", and see if there is anything else I should do. Looking forward to future versions.
You'll be glad to know there is a new release today for v27.1.3 !
Check it out: https://github.com/royshil/obs-backgroundremoval/releases/tag/v0.4.0

royshilkrot

royshilkrot updated Background Removal - Portrait Segmentation with a new update entry:

v0.4.0 - OBS v27.1.3 and new RVM model

In this release

Install:
  • Windows (64bit): Unzip the obs-backgroundremoval-win64.zip file in the OBS directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\obs-studio), for example: > Expand-Archive...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi royshilkrot,
I'm a bit confused. It's been months since I last reported this same issue and it still crashes or quits OBS when I click on it. Your first reply was to wait because it wasn't ready for OBS 27 and now it is. As far as I know I downloaded the latest version of your software and OBS, but still no luck. However, I should note that after all these months when downloading your newest version it has a 1 after it implying it is a second copy of the download, so did I actually download the newest version or a new copy of the old. I thought I read that their was only one option. I'm sure it's me or my system configuration, but do you have any ideas? I am using a Mac OS High Sierra, i7 Mac, 64 gb of ram and the latest version of your software and OBS.

Thanks so much for your hard work and hopefully we'll get me up and running!

Want To Learn

ashtangakasha

Logitech Brio -> OBS 27.1.3 Win10/64 -> backgroundremoval-0.4.0 (today) - No video.

I've tried all the settings, CPU / GPU, seg models, etc., but the Brio feed never displays in the filter settings dialog.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

royshilkrot

Logitech Brio -> OBS 27.1.3 Win10/64 -> backgroundremoval-0.4.0 (today) - No video.

I've tried all the settings, CPU / GPU, seg models, etc., but the Brio feed never displays in the filter settings dialog.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
i suspect the camera is using some kind of stream that the plugin can't handle
can you test a different webcam? or a different resolution setting on the Brio?

royshilkrot

Hi royshilkrot,
I'm a bit confused. It's been months since I last reported this same issue and it still crashes or quits OBS when I click on it. Your first reply was to wait because it wasn't ready for OBS 27 and now it is. As far as I know I downloaded the latest version of your software and OBS, but still no luck. However, I should note that after all these months when downloading your newest version it has a 1 after it implying it is a second copy of the download, so did I actually download the newest version or a new copy of the old. I thought I read that their was only one option. I'm sure it's me or my system configuration, but do you have any ideas? I am using a Mac OS High Sierra, i7 Mac, 64 gb of ram and the latest version of your software and OBS.

Thanks so much for your hard work and hopefully we'll get me up and running!

Want To Learn
thanks for sticking with it!
one great way to know what's going on are the OBS logs
even if the program crashes - it still saves the logs. you can access them as files - they are saved every time the program runs. Find "Show Log Files" in the OBS menus - it will open the directory of the logs
then pick the latest one after a crash, and paste it here
or better yet - open an issue on the github project: https://github.com/royshil/obs-backgroundremoval/issues

Hi Royshilkrot,
Thanks for checking back with me. After not using it for a while I loaded it in and it didn't crash OBS this tim, but it's a black screen. I think I'm doing it right, but am I? I click on Facetime for Video Capture and then Background Removal from the visual effects and the whole screen is black. I can't seem to adjust anything in that filter. Should I do something differently? And should I still send you a log? Thanks for the help in advance!

Hi Royshilkrot,
I thought I had the most recent version of OBS 27.1.0. but saw that I needed to update to 27.1.3. so I did. Now background Removal shows up in the effects filters. However, it says no properties available. Thanks for your help.

itsmebinuuu

Hello! Quick question, is there a way to implement your plugin filter for one scene and not the others?

For Example: Scene 1 (Talking to chat/waiting for a game scene)

My background is like a talk show with a table and a mic. I would like to add the camera filter here so I don't have like a gigantic webcam block above my digital table background.

Scene 2 (Gaming Scene - Apex/Valorant/League/ETC)

I just want to use my normal webcam without the filter plugin.

However, once I implement the filter to one webcam, it connects to all the other webcams on my other filters. If I try to add a new WebCam source, it's bugged and my webcam doesn't even show up. Unless I do "add existing source" which then includes the background removed webcam.

Thank You!

Leonnaise

Hello, first off thank you, @royshilkrot, for making this plugin, from what I've seen it looks like what I'd want; unfortunately I haven't been able to make it work once so far. I've copied the files to the proper folders, uninstalled and reinstalled obs, tried all that, still the plugin won't load. I've looked at the logs and it always says the same thing: "LoadLibrary failed" and "module not loaded".
Here's the latest log: https://pastebin.com/umDrzC8T

Complete shot in the dark, could this have anything to do with me running Windows 7?

davoid

Hi, I apologize for being such a noob but how do I install the plugin on a linux system?
Thank you
I'm sorry, I should supply more information. I unpacked the plugin download and copied the respective contents into the lib and share folders, but even after a reboot, background remover doesn't appear in the filter list.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm sorry, I should supply more information. I unpacked the plugin download and copied the respective contents into the lib and share folders, but even after a reboot, background remover doesn't appear in the filter list.

What am I doing wrong?
Hi Davoid, From my experiences I found it in the Audio/Video filters and not the effect filters. Hope this helps!

maigoofy

Roy,

Thank you so much for putting a lot of time into creating the plugin. Unfortunately, after the installation on my MacBook Pro (2020 Intel), my OBS kept crashing, and I would like to uninstall it for now. I used the following command.

unzip -o obs-backgroundremoval-macosx.zip -d /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/

Could you show me the uninstallation command? I would really appreciate it.

Roy,

Thank you so much for putting a lot of time into creating the plugin. Unfortunately, after the installation on my MacBook Pro (2020 Intel), my OBS kept crashing, and I would like to uninstall it for now. I used the following command.

unzip -o obs-backgroundremoval-macosx.zip -d /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/

Could you show me the uninstallation command? I would really appreciate it.
Hi Maigoofy, This is going to sound confusing but I want to help. I can't even explain it. LOL. I had the same problems with Mac OS High Sierra last night where it kept crashing at startup. I was installing a different app. I was looking into things that could help me to uninstall that program and I ran a diagnostic repair app in my Mac. Nothing helped. I then discovered I had an older version of OBS 27.1.0 still installed so I tried that. I couldn't use Background remover, but I had an almost up to date OBS that worked. But my desire to fix 27.1.3 made me try it again later and it works for some reason. To the best of my recollection I didn't remove anything from the plugins folder manually or do anything significant but it worked. Who knows if the same thing will happen to you? Maybe a full restart will help? I also want to mention that an earlier version of Background remover made my earlier version of OBS crash as he had not updated it yet for that version of OBS. So, currently with the latest version of Background remover and OBS it loads fine in OBS and I can use all the controls, but my camera is black. I had asked Royshilkrot what to do and he told me I didn't fully install it. I am not a programmer so I need some direction and I am awaiting either his advice or someone on this board to help me.....I am posting this with wanting to help you, but I'm sure that the others will think what I am saying is rubbish and I don't blame them. but until you get an answer why not just try loading it in again? Good luck!

NICE Plugin! I already tried some virtual green screen apps that feed their content into OBS. Doing this locally is a big step forward.
The algorithm does not work as fluid as say Zoom's background removal yet, but quite impressive and for my usecase I will replace the other aproaches with it for now :) TANK YOU for your work!
Hi, It sounds like you're having success with this plugin. Can you tell me if it is using a Mac or not. If it is using a Mac can you please tell me how you installed it? Roy S told me I didn't fully install it and wonder what I did wrong. Everything shows up, but me on the camera it's black.Thanks in advance!