Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance

Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance v1.1.13

royshilkrot

With 0.2.3 on my less powerful system, the CPU usage itself hasn't dropped but my percantage of frames missed due to rendering lag seems to have gone down a bit, so that's a move in the right direction.
i'm experimenting with more models now and much smaller masks, so that should be a big performance boost. keep an eye out for a release in the next couple days

royshilkrot

royshilkrot updated Background Removal - Portrait Segmentation with a new update entry:

v0.2.4 Beta - MODNet model

In this release

• Adding the MODNet segmentation model. Slightly better in segmentation and resources.
  • Dropdown to choose model (SINet or MODNet)
Install:

• Windows (64bit): Unzip the obs-backgroundremoval-win64.zip file in the OBS directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\obs-studio), for example: > Expand-Archive .\obs-backgroundremoval-win64.zip -DestinationPath 'C:\Program Files\obs-studio\' -Force
  • Mac OSX: Unzip obs-backgroundremoval-macosx.zip to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ASchneider

Hello sir! Thanks for the update. MODNet seems a lot better but still 100% depending on the CPU to work. Too bad it is still impossible to use on my machine... I can see it getting better and better, maybe in the next few weeks you'll find a way to use NVIDIA GPU cards :) Thanks!

dquille

0.2.4 - nice, I like the model option. For me, the new modnet model is slightly better on resources, but it also seems more sensitive to what's in your background. In my particular setup with a busy background the original SINet model works more consistently, but if I position myself just right the modnet model can be made to behave as well.

Hello again! Thanks for the latest update and easy to install Windows files.

The color conversion problem was solved but the performance issue remais a big issue here:

View attachment 70682

Also, the media file used in this test was a 1080p30 local recording, the effect changed its quality to maybe a fourth of its original resolution.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks.
how is the effect is install because download like 6 different and nothing is working

Napukisan

Download the .zip file and extract directly to the OBS directory: https://github.com/royshil/obs-backgroundremoval/releases/tag/v0.2.4-beta
Follow the instructions...
Hello,
thank you very much for this amazing plugin! I have a question: is there a way to use it on other sources than videos? I mean, I'd like to apply the background removal to a window capture source (zoom, meet, e.g.). In this way I could pin on one participant's view and remove its background. At the moment, I can find the Background Removal effect only under the "video/audio filters" tab and not in the "effect filters" one...
Thank you very much

Hi, I am excited about this plug in, but don't know how to install it. Can you list the steps as to how to do it. Either Mac or Win. Thanks.

Hi,
Thank You for this plugin. I've learned through a youtube video how to install it, but when I try to use it OBS quits. Just thought I would let you know in your development of it. OBS 27. Mac OS High Sierra.

royshilkrot

Hi,
Thank You for this plugin. I've learned through a youtube video how to install it, but when I try to use it OBS quits. Just thought I would let you know in your development of it. OBS 27. Mac OS High Sierra.
I need to update the plugin for v27, since right now it's v26 (at the time it was the latest). Please allow me a few days to get it together. But by all means submit an issues on Github so I can track the work.

I need to update the plugin for v27, since right now it's v26 (at the time it was the latest). Please allow me a few days to get it together. But by all means submit an issues on Github so I can track the work.
[/QUOTE
Thanks so much for your quick response and letting me know that it is not ready for 27 yet. I thought I may have installed it incorrectly. Can't wait for the update!

I've been running it just fine on OBS 27 rc3 for windows, but have no experience with running it on a Mac.
it's great that it is working for you OBS on Windows. However, I had tried it also on my VBox for Win. 10. It goes farther than it does on my Mac, but crashes OBS. It's most likely that it is virtual and may not have enough power, but I'm not a programmer. I'm sure royshilkrot will work it out.

I'm not sure how to post my error report on Github, but will try. Thanks so much!

KenhCuaDaoLeMinh

Hello, thanks for the plugin but I have to notice. I got a crash when I switched to the scene collection include this filter after reinstall my OBS and my Windows 10. It became normal when I deleted the plugin. This is the crash text file:

Attachments

• Crash 2021-06-14 04-47-36.txt
    150 KB · Views: 39

royshilkrot

royshilkrot updated Background Removal - Portrait Segmentation with a new update entry:

New models! OBS v27!

In this release

• Added 2 new lightweight segmentation models: Google Mediapipe "Meet" model, and the "Selfie Segmentation" model, both from https://github.com/PINTO0309/PINTO_model_zoo
  • Upgrade to OBS v27.0.1 (following OBS production releases on OSX and Windows)
  • Upgrade onnxruntime on OSX to v1.7.2
  • Fix issue with RGB vs BGR background color flip
Install:

• Windows (64bit): Unzip the obs-backgroundremoval-win64.zip file in the OBS directory (e.g...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi royshilkrot, Thank You for updating it so quickly, but it doesn't appear that I could follow the same install that I did for OBS 26 and I'm not a programmer either. The earlier version still isn't working. Is it possible to define a search term so that I could look for how to install it on youtube like I did the last one. Unless I'm missing something? Thanks.

Hi royshilkrot, Thank You for updating it so quickly, but it doesn't appear that I could follow the same install that I did for OBS 26 and I'm not a programmer either. The earlier version still isn't working. Is it possible to define a search term so that I could look for how to install it on youtube like I did the last one. Unless I'm missing something? Thanks.
Actually, their were two options for Mac. One was something I don't know how to install and the other I was ready to download with the number 1 at the end of it implying it's a copy of what I had already downloaded. Is the link I am following taking me to all the latest versions of Background Removal.....? Thanks!